2

"Straight back, Adara." Narcissa said to me as she fixed my hair. "This ball is what keeps our reputation so high. And now, our family's last names future is in the hands of you and your dear brother."

"Yes, Mother. I'll make you proud." I said before standing up feeling her hands place on my shoulders. In the mirror I saw your hair neatly placed on your shoulder, mine pure green dress had lace cleanly placed onto it. A simple necklace with the diamond pendant rested on my chest.

"You already do. It's your father you have to make proud." Narcissa said before exiting the room. Draco entering moments afterwards.

"Well, someone scrubs up nicely." He said walking towards me with a smile.

"As well as you, brother." I smiled placing a kiss on his cheek. "Shall we?"

"We shall."

Us, the two young Malfoys walked down the grand stair case with our arms interlocked. Straight back. Small smirk. Elegant steps. Everything our mother taught us led us to this moment. We held arm in arm as we stepped down, our mother and father standing at the bottom of the stair case.

Both parents interlocked their arm with one another before stepping towards the cleared dance floor. Me and Draco were dancing in the middle, while Narcissa and Lucius done the same.

It was well known that the Malfoy family did the first dance together before they split off, going separate ways. Saying hello to the guests. Family, friends and co-workers were always invited.

That night your father was proud in me. And not often did that happen. So I took this moment in and tried to make him prouder when you danced with Blaise Zabini.

Which made my parents extremely proud, my brother shocked, but happy. The Zabini family honored as I floated around the dance floor with Blaise holding onto you protectively.