Chapter 40

"Who does this girl think she is to tell such a lie about you?" said Leo (standing next to Anna). She said you were sick.
"Leo, don't mess with her. She must have said it for some reason..." said Mark defending me.
"Yes... Anna has hurt Tifanny's leg and that's why I didn't want to do the dance and I said that. "I said knowing that they wouldn't believe me but I had no choice.
"That's not true, Betty. I haven't hurt anyone, least of all my best friend."
"I think Anna is right because she would never do that. "Said Lar and gave her a hug.
"Why don't we go to her house and see how our friend Tifanny is doing?" asked Leo.

I don't know if you remember the boy who gave me a hard time in the dining room, Leo. He's quite aggressive and very cocky, much more so than Mark. He has grass-green eyes and brown hair with a long toupee. He is quite tall and has a few freckles. Well, Betty, go on about what happened with Tifanny and stop saying what this smug popular guy is like.

We all nodded and went to her house but on the way someone quickly disappeared, Anna.
"Where is Anna?" asked Mark.
"I don't know, she must have gone home to rest. "said Lar.
Actually Lar did know but preferred to keep silent....

Where is Anna (Gaspar)? Maybe she went to Tifanny's house earlier or to a very different place... What is she up to?