Chapter 54

You settled in the front seat and closed your eyes as he started driving. You spoke with a cold tone.

Y/N: Where are we going?

Yoongi: You'll know when we get there.

You chuckled.

Y/N: The last time a guy didn't tell me where he was taking me, he turned out to be a jerk.

Yoongi: Grocery store.

Y/N: What?

You still didn't open your eyes.

Yoongi: We're going to the grocery store. See I told you so I'm not a jerk.

You opened your eyes and looked at him.

Y/N: And you're also not funny.

You closed your eyes again.

Yoongi: I'm not trying to be.

You chuckled again but didn't say anything. Typical savage Yoongi hyung you thought. The car came to a stop.

Yoongi: Y/N? Open your eyes, we're here.

You looked to see you were actually at the grocery store. You looked to your side to see Yoongi staring at you. He leaned towards you and fixed your hair using his hands. He patted your head with a cute smile.

Yoongi: Done! Let's go!

You followed him into the grocery store.

Yoongi: We're here to get whatever you need and whatever you want.

Y/N: But you didn't let me take my card with me.

Yoongi: Because I'll pay.

Y/N: The last time a guy didn't let me pay he turned out to be a jerk.

Yoongi: Fine, you can pay me later. Let's go.

He grabbed a trolley and dragged you with him. He kept getting the necessary things and put it in the cart.

Y/N: I'll go get snacks and Cola.

Yoongi: No!

Y/N: Why?

Yoongi: You will get sick if you keep eating only snacks.

Y/N: That will be tiresome, okay. But get me a lot of tangerines and banana milk.

Yoongi: Okay.

You entered your house and flopped yourself on the couch. Meanwhile Yoongi started putting the groceries in the fridge and other stuff in the cabinets. He sat on the couch after heaving a sigh. There was silence between you until he decided to break it.

Yoongi: Do you hate him?

Y/N: No, I don't.

Yoongi: Any news of Jiho?

Y/N: No.

Yoongi: Do you hate the rest of us?

Y/N: I don't hate anyone.

Yoongi: Then why are you trying to put a wall between you and me?

Y/N: Because the last time I let my walls down for a guy-

Yoongi: He was a jerk.

Y/N: No.

Yoongi: Then what?

Y/N: The last time I let my walls down for a guy, he broke me badly.

His heart clenched at your statement and at the state you were in.

Yoongi: Fine! Don't let your walls down; just let me be here for you.

Y/N: Why are you doing this?

Yoongi: You're special to me.

Y/N: *chuckle* The last time a guy said that to me-

Yoongi: HE WAS KIM NAMJOON ! I GET IT!

You were a little shocked at his outburst which contradicted his calm demeanor.

Yoongi: But... I'm not that guy!

Y/N: And how can you guarantee that you'll be any different.

Yoongi: Are all girls like you? You have to decide whether you want to trust others or not. They might not be the same. But you need to see it for yourself.

Yoongi was right. You had to decide whether you wanted to trust others and let them take care of you or did you want to just be by yourself and let your health deteriorate?

At this point tears had started to flow out of your eyes without you knowing it. He rushed to you and took you in his embrace and hugged you. This felt familiar. You burst out crying in his arms. You clutched on to his hoodie and you're voice wasn't cold anymore. Instead your voice sounded as if you were broken badly.

Y/N: Just don't leave, d-don't leave me. And if you're gonna leave, better don't come in the first place.

Yoongi: I won't leave, promise.

Again that was awfully familiar. But were you going to trust him? Like Yoongi said it was upto you whether you would believe him when he said that he won't leave you. Didn't the other guys say the same? But this was a different person...

Y/N: Promise?

Yoongi: Promise! Now dry your eyes kitten.

Y/N: Kitten?

Yoongi: Yes, I love that nickname. Now I'm going to cook you a proper meal and you're going to eat it.

Y/N: Will it be tasty?

Yoongi: Of course, I'm the one making it.

Y/N: I'll help you.

Yoongi: No, just take some rest in your room. I'll make it quickly.

Y/N: Okay!

Yoongi: But don't fall asleep!

He yelled from the kitchen.

You chuckled as you wiped your tears and started fixing your room.