9

The dinner was absolutely delicious and fun.

The team gathered around the dining table while Clint set a huge bowl of pasta in the centre. Dishes where distributed and you all enjoyed the meal, talking lightly and drinking good red wine. Roger insisted to make a toast in your honour at the beginning and you blushed wildly tilting your glass with all of them.

No one pushed you to tell more that you actually wanted to share about your life, and you deeply appreciated it. They were all wonderful in making you feel comfortable and you had been happily surprised about it.

*

It was around midnight when the dark clouds covered the sky and very heavy downpour of rain started. Rock-like rain drops were pounding and hammering against the windows of the tower with a vigorous rhythm by midnight.

You didn't quite understood if you jolted awake by the very strong snarling winds, by the roar of the first thunder or by the flash of lightening that followed.

You tossed and turned a couple of time in the bed and kept moving around trying to fall asleep again. You even tried to cover your face and ears with the pillow, with no help. You let out a growl of frustration. The sleep was gone and the thunderstorm was raging too hard to find some quiet.

You though you could do with a little stroll for a midnight snack, so you straighten up and left your room. You walked barefoot, tiptoeing in the dark through the desert and silent house, ahead to the kitchen.

*

You opened the fridge squirming at the light and surveyed the contents carefully. Disappointed at not finding something sweet enough to catch your attention, you snapped the door shout and turned on your heels, smacking right into a human-shaped wall.

Loki grabbed your waist before you fell backwards on the floor. "Lady, you should really consider to stop falling on me. I may became accustomed to it otherwise." He grinned maliciously while hauling you on your feet again. You felt your cheeks tuning suddenly very hot and your heart drumming in your chest.

He was wearing a black suit with short sleeves, his pale skin standing out in the dim light of the kitchen, his emerald eyes glittering with surprise, interest, curiosity. Luckily, you had found a dark blue unisex suit in your closet and you took mind note to not pack your collection of ridiculous child-like pajamas when you will relocate.

"Gosh, you scared me! I haven't heard you coming in. You can't sleep too, I guess" you told him trying to catch your breath from the fright... and by the feeling of his hands on your hips.

"I solemnly dislike thunders" he whined with a face of disgust, losing the grip on you and taking a step back. "Same for me" you smiled at it.

"Fancy a cup of tea and some company?" You offered quickly, in the attempt to dissipate the awkwardness of the moment. "Gladly" he tilted his head in very regal way.

You opened the cupboard looking for the kettle, when his honeyed voice came from the other side of the room. "Darling?" He called you softly. Why he had to be always so sensual?

You turned around to find him sitting at the dining table, lit only by a dim light of a lamp; he hovered an hand a couple of inches from the surface and two steaming mugs of tea appeared on the table. He pushed one of them in your direction and gestured elegantly for you to join. You reached the chair across from him, awe-stricken by seeing his magic so closely for the first time.

Soul Healer (Loki x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara