8 ~ Overhearing

Milla

"So, Milla, why were you avoiding me?" Marcia asked. I knew she would be curious.

"Something was going on at home. And I've been studying for finals." I lied. I know if I told Marcia about what I've been doing, she will be pissed off and curious.

"Oh. Sorry to hear that. Is everything alright now?" She asked sorrowfully.

"Yes. We solved everything." I answered.

"That's good to hear. If there is anything I can do for you, I am here." She said, giving me her bear hug.

"I know. Thank you." I said, feeling bad for lying. But if I said my real situation, that would bear a lot more consequences.

"Then when can we hang out?" She asked hopefully. I didn't want to make her disappointed again so I agreed for tomorrow.

***

The same car that was picking me up almost every day at 7 p.m., was here again. I smiled when I saw my lover boy leaning on the hood.

My heels clicked against the ground when he looked up. He was grinning from ear to ear and it was the same reaction every day.

Without any words, my lips pressed to his. I kissed him passionately as he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer.

"Well, hello." He said. I laughed breathlessly, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Hi. You look handsome tonight." I complimented.

"When do I not?" He smirked. I laughed at his words. Narcissist.

"But you always look more amazing than me making me think I'm not trying enough." He said, kissing my forehead gently.

"Thank you," I whispered.

We got in a car and he took my hand as we were driving. It became his habit now, not that I mind. He is very sweet.

"What's the destination for tonight?" I asked.

"I organized something." He said, smiling teasingly. I hoped it will be somewhere peaceful.

He was driving to the other side of the city. The lights were quite beautiful and the silence made it extraordinary. I loved silence and peace.

"I think you will love this." He said and made a turn. Then I saw it. Amazing sand led to an ocean. I was obsessed with the beach.

He got out and opened the door for me like a gentleman. I was so excited that I could hear my heart beating.

"Do you like this?" Sandro asked, leading me to a small table for two beautifully decorated with lights and sparks everywhere.

"I love it. You deserve the biggest kiss ever." I grinned, pressing my lips on his. His lips were plump and warm. It was such a pleasure kissing him.

"I'm very glad you like it." He smugly said.

We went to sit when I realized that there is my favorite food. Fried chicken. It may be unhealthy, but who cares.

"What's going on today? First, you bring me to my favorite place, and then we have my food number one." I questioned suspiciously.

"Nothing is going on. I just wanted to have some special dinner with my woman. Is that wrong with you?" He said as I blushed like a tomato. He called me his woman. I was flustered.

"If you say so. But to tell you beforehand, I hate surprises." I said, taking a chicken leg and dipping it into a hot sauce. It tastes divine.

"No surprises from me, sweetheart." He laughed. I nodded while being busy eating like it was my last meal. To be honest, I always eat like it is my last meal.

All of a sudden his phone rang. Alessandro was also looking confused but got up.
"I need to take this." He excused and walked down to the shore.

I was worried about him because he looked concerned when he saw the number of a person. I hope it wasn't some serious matter as I know that he is CEO of the company.

I looked up taking in the beach. There were some palms and the rest of it was sand. It looked remarkably intriguing. As if someone painted it.

As I was observing there was some movement behind one of the palms. Like someone hid behind it. My heartbeat picked up as I slowly got up. I tried acting as naturally as possible to look like I've been coming to Alessandro.

A few feet away from him, I heard Alessandro's angry voice. It was different hearing it as I never heard it before.

"The drug problem? That was your task to take care of it. I have your orders. And if he still doesn't want it, then kill him. Does that make your problems solved, you idiot?" He stated as I gasped. My hand flew to my lips on instinct.

"Shit..." I heard him mutter. I was in a relationship with a murderer?

He turned around seeing my scared face. I wanted to deny that he did something like that. He still had a look like my Alessandro.

"I will explain." He said.

"Is it what I think it is?" I asked.

"Sort of. As I said, I will explain." He confirmed as I felt my world shatter. What have I got myself into?

"Have you ever intended to hurt me?" I asked shakily. His eyes widened and he reached for my face.

"Of course not. I will never hurt you. Don't ever think that." He scolded as he kissed my forehead. I wanted to cry but all I could say was only one thing.

"Take me home."

"I will. Can we talk later about this? I swear I will explain everything to you." He pleaded.

"I will think about it. Just take me home." I muttered.

We went to the car as I got into the passenger seat. I was in shock. I didn't know what to do. I don't think I could ever be together with a criminal.

He took my hand kissing it like always. I hated to admit that I had feelings for him. And maybe they will never disappear. It was a lot for tonight. I decided to tell him about the man.

"When you were talking on the phone, I saw a man behind the palm. I didn't recognize him." I explained.

"It's alright. I will take care of it. You don't have to worry." He answered.

"By murdering him?" I asked.

"Maybe." He answered, making me shiver. He would do that for real.

I don't think I can be with this man.

A/N

I know some of you who like this story are disappointed for not posting earlier. My sincere apologies. Thank you for voting and commenting.