Chapter I

They say bad luck comes in sets of three,

Others say third time's a charm,

But we say three's timely.

~~~~~~~

Barcelona, November 2021

On a mild November night in Barcelona, the wait staff at Mood Rooftop Bar were busy greeting and serving the customers in a professional and gentle manner

On a mild November night in Barcelona, the wait staff at Mood Rooftop Bar were busy greeting and serving the customers in a professional and gentle manner. It was one of those special nights when they allowed the place to be open for the month. The interior dining area was exclusive for the hotel guests while the outdoor rooftop terrace was open for all. The setting was styled in a modern sophisticated way with a relaxing atmosphere.

"Good evening señorita." One of the wait staff greeted the newly arrived guest.

"Good evening." The guest greeted back and presented her key card.

The server nodded in understanding and asked politely. "Where would you like to sit?" He gestured to the indoor area then the outdoor. The lady smiled, "I'd like to sit inside first." The server nodded and guided her to an empty table. The lady thanked him and grabbed the offered menu. The server gave her a glass of water and left when she said her order.

Özge Gürel exhaled in relief when the server left her table. She only knew basic Spanish and she was happy that she was able to communicate with the server without any embarrassing mistakes. Learning a foreign language was another challenge that she wanted to embark on. She looked around the restaurant and smiled as she could still enjoy the view from outside. She basked at the sunset view she could witness.

A lot of things happened to her life this year. Professionally and personally, there were many changes. She realized that the changes were inevitable after some time.

Earlier this year, there were two major articles about her. The first one was about her career growth. She was casted as one of the main cast for an upcoming movie by a very well known director in Turkey. The other main cast were also big names in the country. It was such a great honor to work with them.

The next article was about her personal life. Her broken engagement article was all over the news. Her ex-fiance Serkan Cayoglu confirmed it last March. She was a bit grateful that he was able to hold it off until March since they broke off their engagement in January. People finally knew that her 7 year long relationship had ended. There were already rumors about it but she didn't have the heart to confirm before he did. They separated amicably though. There was no bad blood between the two of them. They mutually agreed that it was for the best. Nonetheless, an awkward air could still be observed when they see each other briefly in common events.

Reporters followed her everywhere for weeks after the news. They tried to check how she handled her broken engagement. She was glad that she was busy with her schedules and she could avoid them as much as she could. The reporters gave up eventually when they realized her focus was only on her upcoming movie which was scheduled to be released in the later part of the year.