Chapter II

London, January 2023

"Are you sure you don't want to join us?"

"It's alright. I just need to head back to the hotel. Maybe I'll catch up with you guys later."

Can Yaman waved his hand as his colleagues entered the car and drove away. They had a dinner meeting earlier to discuss some of the upcoming plans of his colleagues. He breathed heavily on the cold air and pulled his winter coat closer to cover his suit. He watched as the people around him walked in pairs or groups. All wore heavy overalls and coats for the cold weather. He rubbed his hands together to create friction, hid them in his pockets and started to walk.

After his second Italian series, he took a break from any series related projects and only accepted endorsements, campaigns, and photoshoots as per agreement of his management. He heed Özge's advice and tried a solo vacation. To say that he enjoyed travelling alone would be an understatement. He finally understood what she meant about the beauty of solo vacation.

In between his work schedules, he made sure to insert some solo trips even just for 3 days. He formed his own itinerary or joined group tours alone. He explored the tourist spots of his preference as well as the hidden gems of the city he visited. He created his own routine and in this way he got to know himself more. The subtle mannerisms he didn't know he had. The little preferences he didn't notice before. His natural reactions when things didn't go his way. It also gave him a breath of fresh air. A new perspective in his life and of himself.

Can walked along with the crowd at the Westminster Bridge. One of the famous bridges in the country because of the view it would show during sunrise and sunset and maybe the moonlight too when it's full moon just like tonight. He joined the people who admired the moon for a moment then continued his path. Just as he was at three fourths of the bridge, he saw a very familiar side profile.

He stopped a few meters away and stared. Even if some people blocked his view from time to time and the person wore heavy clothes and a bonnet, he knew that side profile all too well. He let out a disbelief chuckle and grinned.

He sauntered his way keenly and stood beside the person. He also stared at the moon and said, "Ahh, bu gece dolunay var. (Ahh, there's a full moon tonight)."

"Evet var. (Yes there is)." The person replied easily then widened her eyes when she realized they used her native language. She quickly looked at the person and reacted, "Can!"

Can already placed his left elbow on the railing and faced her when she looked at him. He smiled charmingly and teased, "Hello Özge."

"You're here! What a coincidence! Again!" Özge Gürel stated in disbelief then laughed.

"Coincidence? Hmm, I think not." Can replied dazedly. Özge was confused by his reply. "What do you mean?"

Can woke up from his trance and shook his head. "It's nothing." He lifted a knowing eyebrow and changed the subject, "So, another solo vacation?"

"Nope!" Özge quipped.

"Work?" Can tilted his head.

Özge giggled and shook her head. "Guess again."

Can tried to think of other possible answers. He doubted that it's friends or family vacation because he couldn't see any signs that she had company. It couldn't be meetings because it fell into the work category. He sighed in defeat. "I give up. What is it?"

Özge grinned and placed a finger on her lips. "It's a secret." She answered and chuckled at her own childishness.

Can watched her in amusement and smirked. "Why don't you tell me your secret over coffee?" He invited her.