Chapter V

Narita Airport, Japan

Can Yaman stayed and relaxed in the Arrival Area Special Lounge. His flight landed twenty minutes ago and he roamed around a little just to know where the locations of certain areas are. He checked his watch and continued to browse his emails.

His next meeting with the management was a success and they started to draw up a new contract. They are still keeping his new contract under the wraps because they wanted to announce it when his current contract officially ended. He also managed to have a few days off before he gets back to his busy schedule and for the announcement.

He booked a flight with the thought of having another quick solo trip because it's been awhile since he last had one but there were some changes to his plan. He smirked at that thought. He heard the announcement of a new flight arrival and saw the arrival board changed. "She's here." He grinned.

Özge Gürel walked excitedly with the newly arrived passengers at Narita Airport. She craned her neck to look around her surroundings and took pictures when she found something nice. The place was bustling with tourists and they walked in different directions.

She looked forward to this vacation. The last time she had one was before she went to London to start her online classes. This was her reward to herself for a job well done but somehow, her family managed to force her to split the advance booking expenses into two. One for her and the other for them. She shook her head in merriment as she remembered their antics before they went back to Turkey after their surprise.

Another fact is that this was supposed to be a solo vacation but then plans changed because she found a companion who unintentionally also booked a same day flight as hers with the same purpose. Talk about coincidence again huh?

Özge realized that she lost track of her fellow passengers because she moved too far away to take pictures. She looked around to see any signage to point where the baggage pick up area is but there were too many of them with only medium sized fonts. She craned her neck and stood in tiptoes to see a better view because of the people who kept walking past her. She felt her phone buzzing and checked the notification.

"Lost?"

She fixed her hair sheepishly and looked around to see if she could find him but there were just too many people around the place. She turned to her phone when it buzzed again.

"Your 4 'o' clock."

She chuckled confoundedly at his use of clock position to state his direction. She turned to the said direction and squinted her eyes. She saw him raising his arm with a phone in his hand and grinning mischievously. Özge approached Can bashfully and said, "I thought we planned to meet at the Special Lounge?"

He shrugged a little and teased her, "Glad I didn't follow through. It seemed like you were lost earlier."

She rolled her eyes at his teasing. "I would've found my way eventually."

He chuckled and motioned her to follow him. "The baggage pick up is this way."

They had a basic catch up while waiting for the baggage carousel to move.They stood a little closer to each other because of the crowd who also waited. Can craned his neck to check out their surroundings and wondered, "Is it always like this?"

"I think so or maybe just during spring season. It's because of the cherry blossom which we're also going to see by the way." Özge stated firmly and lifted a finger to Can. He chuckled at her firm expression and said, "Alright as long as I get to choose a place too."