The basement

"Hey. What's up?"

Chan smiled. He shook his head slowly. The girl sat politely on the bench in front of him. She keep wearing her smile. No wonder she manage to stole Hyunjin's heart.

"Nothing much. Thank you for coming" said Chan. His eyes were still on the girl. Making she felt uncomfortable... or nervous? Chan smirked to himself. He have to be a 'polite' and 'friendly' neighbor for her. At least for now. He have a mission to fulfill today.

"Why you look at me like that?" said that girl while laughing nervously. Chan just laughed.

"Nothing. Don't get me wrong" said him. "I'm amazed with your makeup today. It looks great on you"

"Is it? Or I do my eyes wrong?" the girl took out her small mirror from  her pocket. She examined her face one by one and her hands is busy fixing the perfect makeup she put on her face. Her spontaneous action making Chan chuckle. 

"How cute.." said Chan. The girl start to blushing. What an innocent girl..

"Anyway. Tomorrow is Hyunjin's birthday isn't it?"

Chan turn his head to the girl. His forehead furrowed. This is the first time his brother tell someone about his personal life, Especially to a girl. Interesting.

"I'm a bit confuse to give him what type of gift... I meant, he always said that he likes the red lights...."

"because it makes him feel alive" Chan interrupted. The girl nodded. He smiled meaningfully. For sure...

"So I do thought on buying him a lamp that have that kind of lights. Haha" the girl laugh while her eyes looking at Chan's. "But.. I think sometimes it makes him scared tho" the ripples on the girl's face began to fade. Chan tilted his head

"And why did you think so?" Chan diligently watched the girl's movements. Hyunjin was right. Sincerity... Heh. She do care about him.

"The way he described it. It seems like he is not fully 'like' the lights. He looks confused and.... kinda looks like... he's trauma maybe" 

"No he's fine. You know nothing about it" without him realizing it, the tone of his voice was harsh... Making the girl gasped. 

"Yea. Maybe I'm wrong" said the girl.

"Anyway, about the gift... we can share the gift together" said Chan to change the topic. "If you want to..."

"Oh so you already prepare the gift for him?"

"Yeah. I put it in the basement of my house. So I was thinking to invite you there to.. you know.. look at the gift. Or maybe give me comments whether it suit him or not" said Chan. "If you don't mind. No force though haha"

"Ah sure. Okay. I'm already comfortable with your house anyway.. You know, after that accident. haha" 

Chan smiled meaningfully. 

"Great. Let's go"