ANGEL

a/n
The pic above is Brit lmao
lol tell me why my sister gave away my first edition You :') I'll never see that damn book again lmao.

"HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT MURDER?"

Beck turns towards me, smiling though she was clearly confused. "Huh?"

I look at her with a smile. "You know, killing and slaughter. The works. You know what murder is, right?"

"Have I thought about murder?"

"Yeah."

"In which way?"

Cute.

I feel the power as I walk with the girls. It's a different sensation knowing you're the most powerful person in the group you're in, that if trouble arose only you could save them. The strongest, the smartest, the wisest.

Beck glances towards her two friends who were lagging behind, shoulder to shoulder and whispering against one another's ear. About me, no doubt.

I face them, giggle, and look back at Beck.

"Every way. Any way. The passion in murder, finding the body afterwards. The police and press." I clear my throat. "The cleanup. My friend's sister is a writer. She likes horror. When she asked me that, I don't know. It stuck with me. I want to know everyone's opinion." Smiling at Beck, "I guess it's a good conversation starter, so far nobody hasn't answered."

"Is that so?" Beck asks curiously, her eyes squinting. "What's the most popular answer?"

"There's a variety." I explain, "some people answer from a  logical point of view, some morally, others are more...creative."

"And?"

I grab my cigarette pack. "And what?"

"What do they say?"

Her behavior surprised me, like she was truly fascinated with what I was saying. Most people, let alone females, usually shy away from a topic as controversial as murder. It got people's attention, sure, but only a few ever caught a sparkle in the eyes when they topic was brought up. Almost like she was waiting all day to talk about homicide. It makes me want to learn more about her. 

"Some people are more detailed, thinking about what they would do in a murder rather than witnessing one. I've heard people fantasize about decapitation, shooting someone execution style. It's weird, almost like the idea of killing another person has been romanticized."

"Well," Beck crosses her arms over her chest. "What's your thoughts on murder?"

I purse my lips. "It's cruel, irredeemable. If you cross that threshold you can't be considered a human anymore." Okay, so what if I'm not entirely truthful? The beginning of a relationship isn't about being honest, it's about forming a connection. Any dating expert would tell you that.

"Strict." Beck remarked. "You'd make a tough judge."

I chuckle a little bit. The streetlights made it seem like her blonde hair was glowing, a slight halo around her head. My smile broadens; my little angel.

"Nah, I'm not so bad. Beside, wouldn't you want that? A judge whose tough on crime?"

"Not if I'm the one in trouble."

I snort. "Like you could ever get into trouble."

Beck stops walking, her demeanor suddenly changing. There was a glint in her eye, a mischievous grin. I turn around and stare at her with my head cocked. She perks up a brow. "What makes you say that?"

"What?" I smirk at her. I like where this is going. "Maybe it's the fact that you don't look like you could hurt a fly."

"You assume a lot for only knowing me an hour." Beck retorts.

I take a step forwards, intrigued. "Oh?"

"Yeah, a lot."

I look down at her in amusement. Just a couple inches taller, she still had to lift her chin up a bit to look me in the eye. It's a turn on.

I hold my arms out at my side before letting them fall. "Show me wrong, angel."