Chapter four//The BAU

DANIEL BUTCHER HAD OFFICIALLY BEEN MISSING FOR THREE WEEKS

DANIEL BUTCHER HAD OFFICIALLY BEEN MISSING FOR THREE WEEKS. I hadn't heard anymore on the case but my boss and Claire both promised to update me when they had any new information. Either they heard nothing or they did but hadn't told me.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Daniel. Although, yes, he's a troubled man who is most definitely a danger to the public, he is still human and I still care about him the way I do all of my patients.

Daniel would either end up hurting himself or someone else and that thought alone was enough to make shivers roll down my spine and for my paranoia to really kick in.

Currently, I was sat in my pyjamas, curled up on the couch with Jasper cuddled into me. I gently brushed my hand down his head and back, rubbing his tummy and planting kisses on his fur.

I watched the news where everything had been about Daniel Butcher being missing from the institute. The news had caused great panic amongst the public and to say people were on edge would be an understatement completely. The thought of someone like Daniel being free scared even me and I have spent the last few years of my life with the man.

For these last couple weeks it's like I've had a massive sinking feeling in my stomach, waiting for the phone call to tell me that Daniel has been found but was shot down or something.

My phone rang from the kitchen island so I walked over, picking it up to see my boss calling. "Hello?" I answered.

"Lillia, I need you to meet me at the institution. I'll explain when you get here but the BAU need to talk to you." They briefly explained and I was soon on my way to meet them.

⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎

My boss, Jaye Patterson, was hurriedly driving me to Quantico, Virginia where they had said I was needed to answer some questions for the fbi's BAU. The entire car ride my leg was bouncing and I picked and bit at the skin around my nails, nerves taking over.

It was about a 2 hour drive to Quantico and my boss finally pulled up outside a large, very modern office building and we were pointed to the elevator and told which floor to go to.

Jaye said something about someone called Aaron Hotchner who, and I'm just assuming, was the reason for why I was brought here.

I followed my boss out of the elevator once it had reached the floor we needed. It was a large office floor with glass doors that lead to various desks around and some smaller office rooms at a raised level to the rest. Many people in suits, that all looked similar, sat at said desks or were walking back and forth. They all handled files or clicked away at their computers, some fetching stuff from a printer.

From down the corridor, a woman with blonde hair and a fringe,who wore brightly coloured clothes and clips in her hair, walked towards us with files in her hands. She walked quickly as though she was in a hurry to get somewhere which matched the paces of everyone else there too.

The whole atmosphere gave me a sort of anxiety but I kept my cool and tried not to get too worked up at the tense feeling that radiated everywhere.

"Penelope Garcia?" Jaye stopped the colourful woman who looked up with a rather forced smile. "We were called in by Aaron Hotchner."

Penelope Garcia sighed and gave a much more genuine smile. "He's waiting for you in the briefing room. Follow me." She said before leading us past all the desks and towards one of the rooms on the raised level.

Garcia's appearance contrasted against everyone else's in the building. She stuck out clearly from all the suits and briefcases that passed us by but I liked it. The blonde woman made the whole place seem less scary.

Garcia opened the door and stuck her head in first, saying to whoever was in there that my boss and I were here. She then opened the door further and held open for us as we walked in with her following behind, closing the door.

"Doctors, I'm Agent Hotchner." A tall man with dark, short hair shook our hands one at a time. He held a stern expression and didn't look like he smiled easily.

Hotchner then turned to the others in the room. "This is Agent Derek Morgan, JJ, Emily Prentiss, David Rossi and Doctor Spencer Reid."

Jaye shook each persons hand as I stood beside her, waiting. "I'm Doctor Patterson. I'm the manager at the Psychiatric Institution of Washington"
She then turned to me, "and this Doctor Lillia Davis."

Hotch shook my hand and then the others copied, however Doctor Reid simply gave an awkward little wave like he had with Jaye.

"Doctor Patterson, do you mind if we speak with Davis alone?" Hotch asked and Jaye gave the okay before leaving the room with a reassuring pat on my shoulder.

I watched her leave with furrowed brows, still full of questions and still completely confused. "What is this about?" I suddenly asked, turning to face the others.

"Please," Hotchner pointed to the table that was circled with chairs. "Take a seat."

I did just that and the others copied. My chair was beside Agent Hotch and JJ, with Rossi the other side of Hotch and Doctor Reid was almost opposite me at the table. Prentiss sat beside JJ.

"Miss Davis, I assume you're aware of Daniel Butcher's escape from the Psychiatric institution of Washington." Agent Rossi spoke, looking at me with intense eyes and slightly furrowed eyebrows.

I nodded slowly. "Of course. I've worked with Daniel Butcher for the last five or so years." I then leant forward on my arms, "I'm sorry, since when did the BAU get involved in this?"

"Since three women have been reported missing in the last three weeks." Agent Hotch suddenly said, making my head snap to look at him.

________________________________

A/N: I'm gonna start putting Lillia's outfits at the top but ofc you don't have to imagine those ones. You can imagine whatever :)