FIVE

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
☦︎︎

"Sarah, Thomas has been talking, is there something you want to tell me?" Evelyn was sat at the table with her jaw wide open as she watched the exchange. 

"No.." her voice came out weak both Evelyn and her father noticed the fear radiating off of her.

"I heard you come home late last night, and your sister didn't even come home at all" he stated calmly as he turned around and stared at his daughters.

"you were out with the pastors daughter, weren't you? And you your lucky Solomon dropped you off" he pointed out making a shiver run down her spine.

"we were all with abbi and lizzie and...others" Sarah spoke for the both of them as they watched him pour tea in his cup.

"and Solomon saw me alone so he took me back to his cabin" father dismissed eves words making her inside twist with anger

"I know why your doing this! Why aren't you getting mad at me this time huh?" Their dad stood shocked at eves outburst.

"your only doing this because Hannah is a girl if Hannah was a boy you wouldn't care, your accusing her of something she didn't do and you won't get mad at me why? Because Solomon is a man? That's exactly what I thought." Each and every word that came out of Evelyns mouth dripped with pure hatred and venom.

"if your mother was still alive....you know, it was your guys mother who convinced us to settle this land." he ignored evelyn and spoke his mind.

"she was wise enough to understand this land was special, she said she could feel it in the air,the lake, the woods so we put down roots and made up our own eden here."

"she was a good women, and I fear in her absence...I have failed her, I have failed all three of you" his voice cracked making Sarah gasp as tears spilled out of her eyes.

"father" she spoke out, eve watched as her father walked in-front of Sarah whom stood still with her brows furrowed.

"There has always been a strangeness in you, Sarah, a streak something perhaps a mother could have rooted out but you were raised like a boy, I gave you too much freedom and now it is too late" his words sunk deep into Sarah's heart "it's my fault"

he walked away from the both of them making Sarah drop to her knees and sob,eve rushed toward her sister and hugged her tightly,her heart broke for her younger sister.

☦︎︎

the two girls cleaned themselves up and both decided they wanted to eat something.

the smell that came from the rotting food in front of eve was enough to make her throw up everything she had for dinner at Solomons.

Sarah grabbed a bag of flour and poured it out onto the wooden table, both girls gagged when they saw worms inside their food.

"EVE, SARAH!" Henry yelled from outside making both of them rush out quickly.

"What is it, whats wrong?" Eve questioned her brother as she closed the gate.

the pig grunted loudly making both eve and sarah stop in there tracks and gasp.

"the babes are gone....she ate them" his voice was shakey, evelyn hugged him tightly, she knew how much time he spent with the piglets.

"she ate them all..." evelyn let go of her baby brother before turning back to the grunting pig, she grimaced as she watched blood ooze out of the pigs mouth.

"bring me the ax henry." sarah spoke calmly.

"sarah!" his breathing picked up as the three of them looked back and forth at each other.

"the ax!" he ran towards the tools and pulled out the large ax before handing it to sarah.

"do you wanna do it?" sarah asked eve making her shake her head no

"do you?" eve questioned her back watching as violently shook her head no.

"together?" sarah nodded as they both stepped into the barn, sarah held the bottom part of the ax and eve held the top

both girls looked at each other before slamming the ax down on the pigs head.

the pig squeals loudly as henry throws up what he had eaten for breakfast.