- eleven -

jongho heard the shattering of glass and immediately felt his body tense at the sound, wondering where it came from. the sound was following by yelling from his father, worrying the boy. he wondered if yewon was home from her playdate yet, but he prayed she wasn't. he quietly went and checked her room, sighing in relief when she wasn't there, then tensing and running back to his room as the screaming grew louder.

he locked his bedroom door and took uneven breaths, sliding down the door and hugging his knees to his chest. tears started to fall down his cheeks and he held back a whimper, then crawled over to his desk and grabbed some paper and a pen.

dear kang,

i haven't received a letter from you yet but i needed to just get my feelings out because i am absolutely terrified right now. i'm so sorry, i hope i'm not burdening you.

i heard a glass shatter and my parents started to yell immediately after and i locked myself in my room. i'm so scared that they're hurting each other physically, what if they start to hurt me or yewon next?? i don't know what to do anymore, but i need to get out of here. i'm sorry if this is a lot i just feel safe talking to you, even if you don't get it immediately as i'm thinking or feeling these things.

i feel extremely anxious and afraid, but i can't get out of here because i can tell they're not in their bedroom. they rarely ever are. i wanna go see my cousin so bad, i want to go live with him and not be afraid every day, but i can't.

i know he's trying to protect me and keep me from getting hurt by my parents, but i just want to be by his side. he's such a huge part of who i am, what am i supposed to do without him???

not to mention, i can always graduate early. i have the credits, i just need to fill out the form. once i graduate, i'll be free. i can move out and see him whenever i want.

i'm sorry for the random letter, kang. i'm starting to feel a little better now, so i'll wrap this up. i hope i hear from you soon.

- choi jh

jongho wiped his eyes hastily and took a couple deep breaths, trying to calm himself down enough to go and mail out the letter he had written.

he heard a heavy thud not far from his door when he went to turn the knob, scaring him and causing the boy to climb out the window, too scared to see what it was.

"i hope no one's hurt..." he whispered, running off to the mailbox.

he wasn't ready to find out the answer.

_______
a/n:
hehe :) enjoy loves