chapter twelve | grayson and eve

Everest pov:

It's currently 10:00pm and I'm getting ready to go to sleep. I've changed into an oversized hoodie and some spandex I got from the guys section at target.

I'm getting out of my restroom while I take my last earring out when I hear a knock on my balcony door.

I walk to it and peak thorough my curtain and a smile forms on my lips.

Just like the olden days.

"Hey" Grayson says as he walks in "hi." I say back I raise one of my eyebrows in confusion while he just stares at me. "Earth to Grayson." I say as I walk to my bed. I plop down to it and look up at the ceiling. He clears his throat "sorry got a bit distracted." He says shaking his head.

"Why were you di-" he cuts me of by saying "I want to thank you for what you did for Ria today." He says sitting down beside me looking down at me. I let out a smile "anytime, she's like a little sister to me."

He gives me a smile before standing up and holding his hand out. "cmon I want to show you something." I give him a confused look "you're not trying to murder me right?" He lets out a chuckle "believe me when I say i would never hurt you." I smile at him and grab his hand. I grab my phone and my crocs.

We walk to the balcony door and I know exactly where we're going.

graysons pov:

Was this a bad idea? Ehh nah, what's the worse that can happen?

We get to the top of the hill when she lets out a small gasp. "It's, it's beautiful." She says looking ahead of us, it's a field of flowers and the night sky makes it look magical with all the stars showing down on them.

I look at her "yeah it is beautiful." I say admiring her. She looks at me and a playful smirk goes on her face. Before I know it she grabs my hand and we start running down the hill to the fields.

As soon as our feet touch the field many fireflys light up the sky once again. We stop running and we look up at the night sky. Everest let's out such a pretty laugh and I laugh with her.

"Everest" I say. She looks at me with those big hazel eyes. "I- I" "I know Grayson it's hard to understand I'm back." She grabs both of my hands "we're not little kids anymore." She says.

I like her up and down and lick my lips. "Oh believe me I know Everest, I know." I meet her eyes again. "One thing I hope you know is I won't be leaving you agian, let's start over and be friends again." She says. I cup her cheeks with my hands and lean my forehead on hers "that's sounds perfectly fine to me."

—————————————————————————
Heyyy!

So this chapter was probably the shortest I have written, but I noticed I'm almost to like twenty chapters and the actual plot of the book hasn't even started 😐 soooo I came with the idea to make them friends already but just wait until the best part of the book:)

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 2k READS!!
see ya next chapter byeee<3