Chapter 7

Naruto's POV:

The trip back to the village was a lot more peaceful than how it started. Thankfully (Y/N) took the game seriously and didn't speak a single word, but that also meant we had to keep our mouths shut as well. 

I have to say, though, she was more than adorable when she would squirm in my arms, wanting to say something.

We got to the woods outside the village, Sasuke and Karin stopped to go to their own camp area. "Naruto, you try to get her to her place and get her a new shirt. I'll get what I need, and we can meet back with Sasuke. I doubt her entry to the village will be as smooth as before." Sakura explains, and I nod. "Sasuke, I hope you won't be too stubborn and let me tend your wounds as well." she tells him softly. "I'm fine; the idiot's the one who needs looking after." he starts to walk away when (Y/N) glares at him.

(Y/N) looks up at me, silently asking if she can finally speak since everyone had already spoken and lost. I chuckle, "Yes, you can speak now. You won." I tell her. 

"Finally! God, I really hate that game. Anyway, listen, Sakura, I've wanted to tell you this the entire time." she directly starts. "Please (Y/N), not now." Sakura was a bit dejected with how Sasuke brushed her off. "No, listen. I'm just saying that with Sasuke, you should use your authority as a Medic Ninja or your expertise on stuff to shut him up. So just knock him down with your super strength and then do all the healing you need to do." she tells her.

That does make sense. Sasuke is a very stubborn person, and he is also a very proud one, so he will never admit to being hurt as long as he can still walk, and Sakura is only shy around him, so she doesn't use her force like she does with us. "She has a point Sakura, Sasuke doesn't know how much you have changed. Just yell at him like you do with us, and he won't dare to say no to you." I encourage her, and that gets us a giggle from her.

Once we entered the village, (Y/N) pretended to be asleep. She didn't want to face them just yet and didn't want to witness the looks or the drama. We got many looks till we got to her place, but somehow I imagined fiercer looks from them. Well, it doesn't matter now. We need to get back to the brothers so Sakura can continue working on (Y/N)'s wound.

The moment I step inside her house, (Y/N) jumps out of my arms and flops on the bed with a muffled scream into her pillow. "(Y/N)? Are you okay? Did you get hurt again?" I ask, worried. "Naruto... I need you to kill me." her voice was still muffled. "Come on, stop being silly. What's wrong?" I ask again. 

"THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING! God, I don't even know how Sakura is still talking to me." she says, and I see her ears turning red. I laugh and roll her to her back, "I see you've come back to your senses." she pouts and tries to look away. "Please forget everything I said." she hides her face with her hands. "That's a shame; I was looking forward to that book." I tease her.

I know we didn't have the time to sit here, but it's been a while since we've had time for ourselves to just sit in bed and be in each other's arms. "(Y/N); why did you join Sasuke at that bridge? Why didn't you come back to me with Sai?" I know I should just forget about it, but I want to understand her thoughts at the time. She pulls me down and hugs me, hiding her face in my chest. "I knew you wouldn't like it, but I wasn't going to hide it from you. I planned to tell you all about it when I saw you again." she starts; well, at least it's good to know she thought of me before doing it. 

"That man was responsible for destroying my family, Naruto. I don't just mean my direct family, but my entire clan. And he forced Itachi to do something... I can only wish he doesn't still have nightmares from that night." her grip tightens on my shirt. "He deserved that death, and he deserved more! I wish I could bring him back only to kill him again and again! Once for each member of our clan!" she growls, and I worry again about Madara's words and the darkness that always follows the Uchihas.