Season 1: Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"There's only one left"

Alexis looked in my direction as I walked towards that diamond guy. I saw the guy vomiting in blood because of the damage they take. I stopped walking when I was already in his front. I looked at him with pure rage but he can't even look into my eyes.

"Tell me, where did you leave that knight's corpse?" I asked

"I-In the alley beside the commoner's market.. " utal niyang sagot at umubo ng dugo

Itinapat ko ang palad ko sa kaniya.

"Any last words?" tanong ko

He began to chuckled and later on laugh in a soft tone.

"Why would you avenge someone who didn't even save you?" he asked

"That knight was the first knight who looked for me. My knights usually didn't care if I'm alive or dead. Besides, he is a great father. He is a true hero unlike you who only know how to kill people. I'm sick of the likes of you murderers!"

After I said that, a bitter smile formed on his lips.

"You're a strong kid and a good one. One day, you will become the Empress"

I didn't get to attack him with my power but he killed himself. I wished to torture this guy but I can't do that anymore since he's dead.

"Let's get out of here," I said

We use our Fyon to know the direction of the exit. We both ran away until we reached an open door that leads us to an alley. I looked up in the sky and I was shocked when it's already sunset. As I looked in our path, my eyes were widened as I saw a man laying down on the ground in this dark alley.

I immediately ran to see him.

Maybe there's a chance! Maybe he's still alive, maybe I can save him!

But my feet spontaneously stopped running when I saw the tragedy that befell the knight. I got on my knees and was statuesque because of what I saw.

"Adel.."

I felt that Alexis followed me here and also stopped running when he saw the knight whose body was torn and could no longer be recognized.

My tears started to flow little by little but soon I started crying.

"I'm sorry ..." I said with a sob

I held his hand that was already separated from his body.

"I'm sorry because of you you will never see your family again .. May you rest in peace"

Then I cried..

"It's my fault!"

When I cried so much, I didn't realize that my crying was getting louder.

"It's not your fault.."

"If he didn't follow me, he's still alive" I cried

"He's a true hero. He did his duty and died in honor"

Alexis widen his arms and that made me hugged him. Though I didn't want to do this, I have no choice. His embrace is still warm as before. It's the embrace that I'm longing for and missing in the past, I didn't expect that I can feel it again this time. Alexis, is it your double that killed me back then?

"There he is! The prince is here!"

We were surprised when suddenly an imperial knight shouted at us.