important announcement

hello! i think everyone has noticed that ive been taking quite a long hiatus from writing ROSA. to be honest, it's because my antidepressants have made me realize that i don't need the voices of shade, art, and chase as a crutch anymore. i can lift myself up. i can navigate my experiences away from their comfort. i'm not necessarily giving up on this story—i could never—but i think now isn't the right time to write it. i need to actively heal in my real life before writing my pain on the screen.

but... damn it, i loved my trio too much! i loved sassy art mendoza with my whole heart. i loved sad boy, edgy shade with my whole soul! i loved good boy and chaotic chase more than life!! i didn't want to stay away from them, i didn't want to say goodbye, i never wanted to.

so, i didn't.

i'm reusing them in an urban fantasy.

i welcome all of you, you lovely, loyal, beautiful readers, to the world of Karihayo: School of Magic. join art, shade, chase, mika, and toby in magical manila, 2020, where the tagalog gods are alive and actively speaking through their shamans.

 join art, shade, chase, mika, and toby in magical manila, 2020, where the tagalog gods are alive and actively speaking through their shamans

did you grow up reading harry potter? percy jackson? well, i did, too!

and did you ever want to see harry potter and percy jackson written by a POC?

then, here it is!

i go more in depth about the inspiration of The Not So Magical Life of Art Mendoza in the author's note. and i'm super, duper proud of it. i reused characters we already know and love and thrust them into situations we normally wouldn't see them in.

are you curious? how does art and shay fall in love in this version? is chase bisexual? is mika and toby and art in an actual, healthy friend group this time? do shay and art finally make out?

well, come along with me to karihayo, and let's find out.

nagmamahal,
yana