12

"We can't just barge in there and kill the guy," Taehyung argues. "Remember who we're talking about here."

"I don't give a fuck who it is," Jimin snarls. "I want him gone."

"And he will be," Taehyung says. "But, Jiminie, think about it. Her father is on the political chess board. People will know if he's gone."

Maria squirms. All four of them were talking on the couches after they had breakfast, and her father was the star of the subject.

The subject: murder.

"We need it to look natural in a public scene," Iris agrees, her next words dripping with sarcasm. "A true devastation for the loss of a powerful man."

"What kind of natural are we talking about?" Taehyung asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Poison."

Three heads whip towards Maria's direction at the word, and she smiles, the excitement building in her chest. "In his champagne glass. We could attend the next event and slip it in. Strychnine, right?"

"That's not natural, that's sadistic," Taehyung laughs.

"It could work," Jimin defends.

"They'll think the cause of his death is by epilepsy. That's uncommon."

"Then I guess our case is an uncommon one," Jimin shoots back.

"It'll be tricky though," Maria sighs. "There's cameras and so many eyes. Not to mention, I have no idea where to even get strychnine."

"Don't worry about that, baby doe," Iris smirks. "I'll take care of it."

"You all act like this is easy," Maria frowns.

"Oh, kitten," Jimin grins, his eyes churning with mischief. "With us, anything is possible."

***

The air outside was crisp. Not necessarily cold, but the breeze that came by made goosebumps arrive on your skin, as if challenging how powerful the sun's warmth really is.

Maria stood on the outside patio, leaning against the railing. She should probably be resting, with Iris fretting about her back, but the fresh air outside felt nice.

"Hey," Jimin says quietly, approaching her from behind and wrapping a blanket around her shoulders.

Maria smiles, looking at him shyly. "Hey."

Jimin leans his forearms on the railing and looks out, watching the sunset. "This has been happening for a while, hasn't it?"

"No one thinks Kyu's daughter is anything less than a perfect, porcelain doll," Maria starts, her fingers tightening around the railing. "No one thinks about what happens behind closed doors, and what happens when she isn't that perfect, porcelain doll."

Jimin turns his head to look at her. He sees the anger, the sadness, the losing battle against insanity.

"I don't like dolls," he says, and she looks down at him. "I much prefer kittens."

Maria smiles, leaning down on her forearms to match his position. Like this, their faces were inches apart.

"Do the kittens have to be good?" she murmurs, eyes falling to his lips.

"Only for me," he smirks, eyes trained on her own lips. "My good kitten would get to do bad things, though. She gets to have fun."

Maria licks her lips, her heart racing in her chest. One move from his head and their lips would touch.

"GOD, YOU FUCKING SUCK AT COOKING! JUST GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN AND ORDER A PIZZA, YOU DUMBASS!"

Maria breaks away, startled by Iris's shout.

"I'll, um, go help," she giggles shyly, jabbing her thumb behind her.

Jimin sighs, leaning his back against the railing as he watches her walk away.

"You're getting close, kitten," Jimin murmurs. "You're almost sane like me."