16

Stiles

Void was right.

Canadian Geese are scarier than any supernatural creature imaginable. I swear to God, these birds will honestly be the death of me. It was just yesterday that I tried to feed one bread, and it almost bit my finger clean off my hand... then proceeded to chase me down the street. It didn't help that Void and Ella were laughing at me the whole time.

It was funny, you can't blame us.

You're never letting that go, are you?

Nope.

"Stiles!" I whip my head around, taking my eyes from the hotel lobby fish tank and straightening. "They only have one room free." Ella calls, waving me over. "Get over here."

"How many beds." I ask, smiling at the receptionist as I come up beside her.

"Two, don't worry." She replies, pulling out her credit card and handing it to the woman. I grab it before they exchange.

"We'll be paying in cash." I interrupt, giving the woman a few brightly colored Canadian bills. Gosh, this place is literally an amusement park. Colored money, birds from hell, what else is waiting for us? Pet polar bears? I watch as the receptionist places the money in the cashier, glancing at Ella to find her staring at me blankly, confused as to why I took the credit card from her. "I'll explain later." I say quietly, putting my hand out to receive the change. With one last smile, the woman tells us our room number and directs us to the stairs.

We have been in the northern country for almost three days now, I have no doubt my friends regret their decision. But my hopes aren't high enough to think that they are looking for me. Either way, I don't want them tracking us. Not yet. Using credit cards will only keep them on our trail. I explain as much to Ella.

"Credit cards are trackable, paying in cash is untraceable unless they have video surveillance to go along with it. Which they don't. I made sure of that." I look at her, selling a small grin. "Being the son of a Sheriff has it's perks."

"You seemed prepared." She says as we walk down the bright, narrow hall. "For running away I mean. I don't think the average person just has thousands of dollars in a foreign currency stashed under their bed."

I pause. Because I was prepared. I knew this was going to happen. You cannot hide the sun, the moon, and the truth. I've tried. Before I left Beacon Hills, I went back home to grab some supplies. Money being one of them.

I stop walking when I find our room number, pulling out the key. "Let's just say my secrets were never made to stay covered. I would rather prepare for the worse than hope for the best." I turn to her, serious. "Hope is a dangerous thing, Ella. It can bring you up or tear you down when you least expect it."

She smirks. "You sound like my therapist, Stiles."

"Well, you're stuck with me from now on, so you better get used to it." I unlock the door, opening it and flicking on the light switch. "Shit."

"What?" Ella asks from behind me, peering over my shoulder, freezing when she sees it. "Oh."

You'll live, Stiles. Void says, grinning in my mind. It seems like we're now the main characters of a 'forced partnership' romance novel.

I stop. What books did Abby say you read again?

That, my friend, is none of your business.

It is when I have to live with you for the rest of my life. I complain, but he just laughs.

There is a moment of silence, I risk a glance towards Ella, though however discrete I was, Void still caught the action. It's too bad you've already lost your virginity, Stiles.