Chapter 2

Kal watches as the black smoke dissipates and he shakes himself off. He looks around himself, wanting to get answers from the first person he sees, but is surprised to find that he isn't at that campfire from before. Instead, he looked to be on some kind of basketball court. It was very run-down, and there was a circle of chairs in the center. 

     In the chairs, there was an assortment of strange-looking people. Kal could see Legion sitting next to a big guy with a badly burned face. He had his arms wrapped around a bell, squeezing it tightly in a protective way. 

     Next to the burned guy was a really tall lady in a bunny mask. She had a large ax laid down next to her chair, though she seemed very cheerful and a bit child-like.

     "Ah, you're here. Sit down and we'll start this little meeting up" a male voice says from one of the chairs, and Kal is very confused at the sight of himself sitting with his hands placed on his lap, a small smile plastered on his lips. The other Kal looks just like the original, though his eyes had a small tint of red to them that was a bit creepy.

     Kal hesitates, but decides to just go along with it. He sits down in an empty seat, between a lady wearing a pig's head and some Korean guy with his ribs showing.

     "Thank you, Kal. Now, there's no point in introducing the others, since you'll get to know them eventually. However, it would do you well to learn who I am, especially since I'm the one who runs this little world we have" Kal's lookalike states casually, before leaning back a bit, "You can call me the Entity, and as long as you understand who's in charge, we'll get along fine"

     After a moment, Kal just nods. 

     Satisfied, the Entity turns to the others sitting in the circle. "His arrival isn't the reason I've brought you all here, though. Our friend Frank was a valuable asset in the last Trial, and was the perfect test subject for a little experiment I've been wanting to try. Legion, would you like to tell us what happened in your encounter with our dear Kal?"

     Legion doesn't say anything. It was very clear that he was embarrassed about how Kal had killed him, and he obviously didn't want to admit it. For a brief moment, Kal felt a bit sorry for him. He needed to make sure that these people knew what he was capable of, though

     "I killed him," Kal says, though there was a small aura of disbelief that wafted around the others. Then the Korean guy busts out laughing.

     "You know, I've heard some good jokes, but this one takes the cake" He wheezes out, about to collapse.

     "He's telling the truth," the Entity says, and the Korean guy quickly stops his laughter.

     There's a moment of pure silence as the others take in the news, before a guy wearing a bone mask says gruffly, "I knew you were weak, Frank, but I didn't know that a Survivor could take you down. Kind of pathetic"

     "Oh shut up, Evan. He would have beat you too"

     "Like hell. Look at him. I could snap him in half with just one hand"

     Kal just smirks at their little conversation about him. "You know, it's quite impressive how cocky you are. Maybe once you fight with me, your tune will change. Until then, keep your mouth shut. You're just embarrassing yourself more"

     Evan stands up quickly, a bright fury in his eyes. His chair had gone flying backward, and was currently laying on the floor.

     "Say that again, and I'll rip your head off" He growls, malice lacing his voice.

     Kal just stands and walks towards the man, stopping and looking up at him.

     "Come on and try it, if you've got the balls" Kal casually says, though his muscles are tensed up and ready for the man to strike

     Fed up with this guy's attitude, Evan swings his cleaver at Kal's head, intending to at least cave in the guy's skull.

     Expecting a strike at his face, Kal ducks and lunges under his right arm, before reaching up and grabbing one of the metal spikes stuck in Evan's skin. He heaves down with all his might, and a ripping sound can be heard as the man's skin and muscle is torn open

     Evan lets out a scream of agony, before lurching away from Kal, reaching a hand up to cup his injured shoulder. Seeing his opportunity, Kal wrenches the man's cleaver from his hand and slams him over the head with it. The others look like they want to help their ally, but the Entity holds up a hand and signals them to remain seated.

     Kal raises the cleaver again and slices down, making a deep cut on Evan's back. The larger man tries to move away, but another strike knocks him to the ground. Kal keeps swinging, making many deep, bleeding cuts on the man's flesh. The savagery of the assault was almost terrifying to watch, and to be honest, the others wouldn't have been surprised if he had been a Killer instead of a Survivor.

     After one last swing, Kal leaves the cleaver stuck in Evan's back, before stepping back. His shirt was covered in blood and sweat, while his jeans were absolutely soaked in both. Kal was panting heavily, but regained his composure in record time.

     He turns to the others, and his voice had a very serious tone. "Let me make something very, very clear. My name is Kal Wardin. I am an Ex-Navy SEAL. I have served three tours in Afghanistan and had just got back from my second tour in Iraq when I was brought here. I'm not helpless, and if anyone underestimates me, then they'll end up just like him" Kal gestures to Evan, who lets out a light groan of pain. The blood-covered man steps over the masked Killer and sits back down.

     The Entity has a smile on its face. "Bravo. I must admit, there are very few people that can put on a show like you just did. The ruthlessness. The savagery. It was all so.... beautiful. But back to business" The Entity looks at all the Killers in the room. "I've thought it over, and have come to a decision. From now on, the last Survivor in a Trial may grab a randomized weapon from the locker nearest to them. With this, they can damage and kill you, so it would be advised that you stay on your toes. After all, I'm sure none of you wants a knife in the gut"

     The Killers don't say anything. Nodding approvingly, the Entity raises its right hand. "I will give you time to adjust to this news. Good luck" It gives a smile, before snapping its fingers. Immediately, some more of that black smoke starts to pool at their feet, before quickly rising to cover them.