Chapter 32

Dua's P.O.V

"What? Are you even listening to yourself about what you're just saying right now?"
I bursted out at Hashir whose words weren't making any sense to me.

Why in the hell did he want me to get engaged to Umar? Did he want to divorce me? Or even if he did how could he think that I'll marry Umar after it? Was he pretending to be good to me?
All the questions started popping in my mind which made me even confused about all of this.

"Look I can't really talk right now. You can say that I'm in a sort of trouble. It'll take me some more time till I get back. But Umar know everything and he'll explain it all to you. The decision is in your hand. Even if you don't want to no one will force you."
That was all Hashir said before the call was cut and I looked at Umar for explaination who sighed and started telling me about the day he met Hashir before he left the country.

                         Flashback

                     Hashir's P.O.V

I was packing my bag when I received a text from Umar who told me to meet him at a park urgently.
I hadn't met Umar since the day Dua tried to suicide and he had come at my home blaming me for her condition.

I decided to meet him as my gut feeling was saying it was something important since I and Umar don't exactly like eachother so if he's demanding a meeting it must be something important.

I reached the park on time and Umar was there waiting for me. We settled on a wooden bench at a secluded corner of the park and I looked at him asking why he called me here.

"Why did you want to meet me?"
I asked straight on point looking at him in the eyes and he shook his head at me.

"You're leaving the country today for investigating Dua's father's illegal business."
He spoke shocking me to the core since I didn't know how he knew about it.

"What are you talking about?"
I asked pretending to be ignorant but he and I both knew that I was lying.

"You don't have to pretend. I know about it for a long time. I just want to tell you that I'm here to help."
He said out of the blue dropping another bomb at me and I could only look at him jaw dropped.

"I can tell you where to look. And then it depends on you how you proceed."
He said and now he had peaked my interest. He didn't seem to be ignorant of the whole situation like I supposed he did but it was also his aunt's family after all.

"And why do you think I'll believe a word you say. You could be spying on me. And I don't trust you. No offense.'
I spoke making my point clear and he chuckled at me.

"You're right. And maybe you shouldn't trust me but you and I have something in common that we both love."
He spoke and I was somewhat intrigued now.

"And what would that be?"
I asked silently waiting for the answer that I already knew.

"We both love Dua."
He whispered and I glared at him. But his words didn't felt like a challenge. There was a hint of hopelessness in them that I fully understand.

"Relax. I mean no offense. And we both know that. She loves you and she'll always love only you. But I took so much time to understand it."
He told me and I nodded at him. But I didn't understand why we were having this discussion. No matter how much calm and composed you are but if someone declare love he has for your spouse. It always makes you uncomfortable.