Chapter 32°

Chapter 32° I love you

oOoOoOo

Time and time passed and Amelia and Remus got on really well with their potion. They talked and laughed and it was as if they had known each other forever. They have now finished step 4 of the brewing process and everything seemed to fall into place.It was a time of stolen glances, mischievous smiles and fast-beating hearts. A time full of shared laughs, afternoons by the lake and quiet understanding.

They did not talk again about the events and opening up about their past and family. Both felt as if everything had been said that day and neither wanted to unnecessarily prevent the momentary calm between the two.

Lia treated Remus like she always did. The fact that the boy, who has been taking your mind off your feet for a long time, was also a lycantrophe made no difference to you. It just seemed to make her understand him better.

His disappearance that happens every month anew and is always justified by the excuse of an illness. 

The injuries he once showed up at their first meeting with. 

His scars covering every part of his body that she had seen of him so far. His face, his arms, his hands, his legs and his upper body. 

And above all, Amelia now understood his self-doubts. She cannot empathize with them, because in her opinion Remus is the most beautiful boy she has ever seen, with his freckles and his heartwarming smile, but she could understand his view of these things better. He saw the traces of his condition anew every day and was always reminded of his nightmares and worst times. It lets him see the "monster" and what it does to him. And yet Lia's heart broke a bit when this insult to himself came off his lips so easily, as if he had whispered it to himself every night before going to sleep.

The same was true to Remus. Since Lia revealed all things about her past and her heartache, a few things seemed to make sense to him. Everything he thought he knew about Amelia Grey up to now made more sense.

Her fear of contact with others and commitment to them. She didn't want to give her heart to someone again only to lose it again to some external circumstance. She was so influenced by Callum's death that it was difficult for her to give up exactly these habits.

She was afraid of the crowds and felt very uncomfortable in them. She has the feeling of always being observed and evaluated, as it must have been at the time of her brother's death. Because Remus was sure that after such an event all eyes were on the remaining children. They must have been heaped with questions, excuses, and empty words without even having room to breathe.

Your distant relationship with Quidditch. When Jaden and Molero brought her to the Gryffindor vs Slytherin game, she expressed her clear demotivation. And that's because of your memories of this sport. It was precisely in this game that she had found so much joy in the past and shared her passion with her loved one. But then she lost her teammate and half of her enthusiasm was lost. All that was left after that was sadness and regret, as well as shame when she thought of Quidditch.