CHAPTER 3

I glanced at the clock again, 7:30 PM. Should I go downstairs now? What should I do??
I couldn't wait anymore my patience was running off, I am going downstairs, now.

I took the sword which was lying on the table. Oh yeah! this girl is a swordswoman she's been training it for about 5 years. I don't know how to properly use it, but I'm good at self-defense, I'll learn it by the time I go to the 1st floor.

I took a backpack and put essentials 3 water bottles, a flashlight, my phone charger, batteries, and a few granola bars. Perfect! hope this much will be enough. I grabbed my phone plugged on the earphones and went to the front door wore my shoes and opened the door.

Let's go and survive this shitty world.   

I went down the stairs. What was Hyunsu flat no. again? What should I do if the monster heard me instead of her? should I have taken this risk?  
These thoughts were again in my mind, but there is no going back now. My heart beats fast as I take each step, my stomach somersaulting due to nervousness. When I took the last step down I heard it

"I just came home" I heard a girl's voice. "and the door was open"

I gasped the quickly covered my mouth with my hands. It's happening....it's fucking happening.

"And it was a mess inside" she continued "And my cat is gone. The floor....the floor was covered in blood. Please help me," she said, her voice shaking. If It hadn't been the disaster I guess she could be a really good actress. 

"Okay, calm down" a male voice was heard from the speaker, I knew it was our male lead. "I'll call the police." 

"Can't you stay with me?.... Please" My eyes widened, my heart beating faster than before. Even if I know what he is going to say I still begged silently  to him not open the door

"Hang on"

"Please open the door. I'm so scared. Please can you stay with me! PLEASE!?" She repeated again and again until,

"Can you show me your arm?" he asked.

"What?" the girl asked. 

"Your arm, show me your arm." He insisted.

For a few seconds, there was silence. I held my breath not to make any sounds, preparing myself for what's coming next. 

There was a high pitch scream "I told you to open the door! open the door!" then sudden bangs as if someone was hitting the door. It was so loud that I had to cover my ears with my hands, wondering how the fuck can the other people living on this floor not hear it.

Suddenly I could hear loud music coming from the floor above. I quickly hid behind a wall, not letting myself be seen. When I heard footsteps I peeked out and saw a lady wearing a red floral dress, it would have been pretty if it wasn't stained with blood which was coming out of her nose. The blood which was coming out made the floor, even more, bloodier than it was. She started going up, towards the music. 

Then I heard no sounds of footsteps. Now is the time. I came out from my hiding spot, took a few steps ahead on the bloody floor, just in time to see a black-haired boy with a broken mop stick in his hand screaming as if it's a war.  Yup, that's our male lead right there.

"What happened?" I asked him, even when I know what happened.

Before he could speak, I heard footsteps. I panicked looking up I saw a tall (6'1") man who appears to be in his mid-thirties, with ragged burn scars starting at his right cheek, down his neck. Wears cheap, out-of-fashion suits with a gaudy shirt. I instantly recognized who he is. "Pyeon Sangwook." He was a former private detective who everyone assumed was a gangster due to his scars. Right now he is finding the man who kidnapped his client's daughter.

A deep voice interrupted my thought.

"There's a lot of blood," Samgwook said looking at the floor. I rolled my eyes. No shit sherlock.
"Did you see a weird woman just now?" Hyunsu asked.

Yes, someone punched her nose good and I don't wanna see that sight again, I wanted to say that but instead, I said, "No, I heard someone shout so I came to see what was going-"

THUD!!

on?" Hyunsu hit the bloody floor, he fainted, nice.

I looked at Sangwook "What the hell is happening?" I asked. He ignored me, picked Hyunsu, and took him to his house. I looked at the flat no. 1410 ahh now I remember, I opened the door and entered, behind me he too entered. The house was really similar to mine but there isn't a bedroom in this one. Sangwoon laid him on his bed which is right under the window. I put my bag down. When I say about to speak there was another loud bang upstairs. My eyes widened I looked at Sangwoon and find him staring at me too, his eyes in confusion. We ran upstairs. 

"I hope she is ok" I mumbled. 

We reached the floor and saw the same lady rushing towards the window and then jumping out, breaking the glass. I sighed in relief, it's going according to the story, but the monster will come back. I grimaced at that thought. There was a loud scream in the house. I looked towards it and saw Sangwoon already staring at the peephole of the door.

I went to him and saw the door was full of dents and blood. The door opened and out came the same girl I saw this morning which a baseball bat. "Yoon Jiso" she thanked us and saw the front door and gasped. "What happened?" Sangwoon asked.

"Some woman was banging on the door, and she had blood all over her face. She looked hurt, but she was also really angry." She explained. "She was banging on the door really hard."

We looked towards the blood trials which were leading to the broken window. "You guys don't think she jumped, do you?" Jiso asked.

Suddenly Sangwook punched the door. Jiso flinched a bit but I understood what it means. There was a dent of his fist which means, "She wasn't banging on it, she was ramming on it." I whispered. 

Both of them looked at me, Jiso looking horrified and sangwook...well he was expressionless but his gaze was a bit soft. I looked towards the window where the monster jumped and headed towards it. Both of them followed me. I looked down and saw dozen of monsters stumbling, crawling, fighting. I heard another gasp again.

This really is a shitty world.