Chapter 23

It was still snowing but not too much, and unexpectedly my body feels light and doesn't ache much anymore. Maybe because of the medicine bath earlier, I feel more fine.

"Oh, Leione! We hunted down more boars, we could eat lots of meat again!" A man of a group came and greeted Leione. While Leione's just holding my hand and I was on her side.

"Oh that's great!"

"We also did, okay?" And another group.

"Yeah, good job Finn!"

And as we kept on walking, many people greet Leione, and she would of course greet back. It seems Leione's popular in this village.

"You're so popular Leione."

"Hm? I don't think so, it's just that all people that live here are very open and friendly to each other." We kept on walking and she kept on pointing to houses and other things for me to be familiar since we'll be living here temporarily.

"Well, except for someone who's a bit awkward with me." And she made an awkward smile.

"Oh, it's you Leione! I didn't know you had a kid? Hmm, being young, hmm." Leione flinched when she was called and she just laughed it off and didn't say no more.

"It's a pity, you should've married my son if you didn't enter the knighthood that time." And she kept on blabbering.

"Haha.." oh poor Leione.

"Mother, you should stop teasing Leione about that. It's good that Cane isn't around yet." And a young man came, he had freckles on his face, glasses, brown hair, dark brown eyes, he looked ordinary but still good looking if one would focus on it.

"Auntie Cennie, it really is a pity. I know what you feel. Colt, you should sympathize with us." And another man, with ash gray hair came and sympathized with aunt Cennie, the one who approached us earlier.

"That's right Terrace." Aunt Cennie said and the man with the gray hair, Terrace, nods his head as a sign of agreement.

"And as I can see it, this pretty young lady isn't Leione's daughter. Just look at the both of them." And the three of stared at us, and their eyes seemed to be comparing the both of us.

Later on, Leione's grip to my hand tightened.

"Are you saying that I'm ugly, don't you Mr. Colt the scholar?"

Oh, Leione seemed pissed.

Then they chased and kept on arguing to each other.

"Oh, I should prepare Cane's food." And aunt Cennie left.

"It's a natural occurrence here when both Colt and Leione would fight like that." It really does looked like it.

This guy, named Terrace, looked like a knight. Well he's tall and had quite a body for a knight, and his atmosphere just seems like it.

I just nodded because I don't know what to reply.

"By the way, are you one of the rescued slaves the other day?"

Hm? Slaves?

"I don't know what you're talking about."

I was confused to what he's talking about, but if he knew what happened to me, on some point I could really say that I was treated like a slave but I don't think that he would know that though. This is suspicious.

He was also confused when I said those words.

"Hmm, this is troubling."

After changing the topic, he then excused himself and gave me.. cookies?

Hmm, shall I eat this?

"Sorry, my lady. It took so long."

Leione said as she walked back to me looking more awkward.

"It's fine, and just call me Charlie when we're outside, it seems weird to use formalities and a name Charlotte." I said and she just nodded looking defeated.

Charlie's my past life's name.. argh! This dmn headache whenever I mentioned past life. Oh, right. I was reincarnated here, but due to the torture I had it seems I forgotten about those 'past life'.

Whips, chains.. Ah, I don't want to remember that time anymore.

"Are you okay? It seems that cold has gotten into you, you're shivering my la— I mean Charlie."

"I am fine, we still need to go to the central market to buy things right?" I said while calming down, and removing those moments in my head.

"No, I can go by myself. It seems you need to rest." She's panicking, and has this worried look on her face. I smiled at her to assure her that I'm fine, so she didn't had a choice but to bring me.

But it really is cold.

We then headed to the central market, it was great. There are various people there, and some aristocrats are there too.

"This is the central market where nobles and commoners interact, not just like in the capital. Commoners are being looked down by the nobles, even though the quality of goods there at the capital are very promising but it can't be compared here since the goods here are all fresh and well gathered."

Hmm, it seems like it.

"Oh, Derick!" Leione shouted as she saw a familiar figure.

It really is Derick under his hood.

"Oh Leione, I've just done what I need to do. It seems you're walking that thing."

Is he calling me 'that thing'? Argh! I really hate his mouth.

"Geez, Derick. If you're done then why won't you accompany us? We need a little help." Then she looked at her hands full of things we just bought.

"I see, then I shall get going."

But before he leave us, Leione said something but I didn't heard it then he surrendered and go with us.

The last thing we stopped at, was on a public restaurant where the vibe is very lively.

The people there are so harmonious.

"Oh, a familiar face! It's Leo! And who's this new kid and new guy?" A man said as he approached us, then guided us to a table.

"You can have this table."

"Thanks Jin, we can have the usual. Oh, and what do you want to have Charlie?" Leione turned to me and asked, but I just answered that anything is fine. Same to Derick.

After a few moments of waiting.

"Here's your order."

And it's a whole feast, that's why the table is a bit long and wide than normal.

I can't help but be tempted, I only ate soup and cookies earlier so my stomach doesn't have much inside. And I never had this kind of food my whole life.

Then something was shoved on my mouth, it was soft. Dumpling.

"It won't move on their own and go to your mouth. So just eat."

It was Derick.