Chapter 46

Nadir stayed for awhile and checked the child's condition at a time, he was there the whole time from midnight until the sun goes up and there I noticed, it was snowing.

Indeed the first snow of December, an indication of my birthday. It always snow at the first of December, and I have no good memories of it. Oh wait, I think I have— when I played with Derick, Cloud and the pink haired girl.

When morning came, he left and put on his disguise when he enchanted some words. It might be some non-elemental magic, it changed his appearance. Maybe some illusion magic or something? I don't know, I haven't studied magic yet.

He goes out and went on the first floor, specifically to the kitchen. Why am I even following him?

The moment he came inside, the maids laughter and chitchats welcomed us. Contradictory to the place, it seems that they're having fun with luxurious food in the morning. My mouth twitched at the sight, they're having a blast while the child upstairs is starving to death.

"Nadir, here you are. Come, eat." Kira said and motioned for him to sit down and eat too. She ordered the other maid to get a plate and give it to Nadir as he sat down.

Suddenly, Kira went near him and whispered something that made his eyes widened. There's something in his reaction that is making me uncomfortable, he suddenly gripped his hand tighter and is trembling in.. anger? I wonder what she whispered to him, I wasn't able to hear even though I was near them. Maybe it was some sort of limit to my advantage of knowing things here.

Kira added more and now I was allowed to hear it, "Leave and go to Aquafredda, if you don't want the owner to know the what you're hiding and what you did here." Her tone was full of warning that made Nadir stood up and left.

I was about to follow him but when I took a step away from the mansion, an invisible wall stopped me. It was a boundary in what I'm able to reach here, this memory is only bound here in this mansion.

I sighed as I turn around and when I blinked, I saw myself inside a different room of the mansion. The room on the third floor, it was a mess. Papers, ink, even furnitures are on the ground and a kid that's crying. Charlotte's crying.

"You killed her!"

Suddenly a man's voice was heard, it was a familiar voice. How can I ever forget the same voice who had accused me of his daughter going missing? How can I?

I turned around and saw him on the window side of his desk, his expression was as messy as the room. Chaotic, anger— no, it was wrath. Hid brows are furrowed and his eyes were full of dark circles— like how a doting father would look like if one of his family was harmed.

The child trembled in fear, and maybe because it was cold. It's snowing hard outside, it's December ain't it? I bet if I were still the same Charlotte I would've been trembling right now when I saw his face, or maybe I would if I can just feel my emotions more. I am scared right now to be honest, my feelings are in shambles too. I don't know exactly what to feel but I am scared— scared for her.

He took a deep sigh and glared at the stiffed yet trembling child on the ground and in a closer look— she's bleeding. Cuts from the shattered glasses around the room, it was a devastating sight but I can't avert my gaze.

"If it weren't for Laura's request, I shouldn't brought the kids here and now my eldest is gone. Fvck!" He shouted and stormed out of the room, the maids and other personnel followed leaving the child cry silently.

I took a step forward and knelt down to hug her— the least I can do now even though I know I can't touch her. But when I was about to hug her, her mumbles stopped me.