Chapter 2

Mayari's POV

The truth is, the only busy ones are Tala and Hanan while I am not. I was just always in  my room acting as if I am a very busy goddess. I sleep in the morning, wakes up at night. Put a moon in the sky which I carved from the stones my father gave me.

I am actually getting bored, unlike Hanan who most of the time is with Apolaki and other Gods and Goddesses because most of Ampong Gaiyang's creation are awake in the morning while Tala is busy with her stars. And then there's me. Alone, bored and somewhat sad.

I sometimes think its unfair. They were blesses with a serious goddess position while my only task is to make sure that there is a moon that will light the creatures of the dark including Lilith's sons who are always lurking at night.

It also seems to me that my moon is some kind of her son's instrument at night whilw spreading dread and evilness.

At times like this, I usually miss my mother. As much as I would like to go down to Daigdig, my father won't allow us because he said we might neglect our duties. Although, I have a feeling that he is just envious if we will be able to be with our mother while he can't because he has a lot of duties and responsibilities here in Maca. I feel sad for my father, even he wanted to pay my mother a visit, he can't.

I remember when mother was still here in Maca, Bathala seldom pays attention to his other wives. He was always with mother. I can see back then that they really love each other.

I want that kind of love. I dreamt of finding my one true love. It doesn't matter if he is not aa God as long as I am the only one he will love and he is the only one I will love. We will be faithful to each other. Unlike my father who has a lot of wife. I want my true love to only have feelings for me. Nobody else but me.

But a love affair isn't even possible for me. Most of the couples here in Maca are working together. I won't even be surprised if one day Hanan ad Apolaki will end up being together as a couple because they re working together. But for someone like me who works alone. It seems impossible.

Bang!

A loud bang as the door opens harshly took me out of my daydreaming. Then I saw my angry sister enter.

"Mayari! What do you think you are doing? Why did  you remove the moon from the skies! You know that my stars will only glow from the presence of the light of the moon!" shouted Tala.

I don't know what she was talking about. I remember putting the moon in the sky a little while ago or maybe I am confused from all of my daydreaming.

"I am so sorry, Tala. I might have forgotten to put a moon since I am really bored here." I said as I am counting the moon that I carved.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eig-. Where is my eighth moon? If it is not in my moon box, it only means that I already put it in the sky.

"I think we have a problem, Tala. One of my moons are missing. I need to find it." while I try to check in every place in the room that I could possibly misplaced it.

"What are gonna do now? How could you be so careless. You knewbthat my stars get its glow from the sun every morning and your moon every night." she said while she tries to help me look under the chair and tables.

"I think you better put up one as a substitute. Father won't bevery happy if he realizes there is no moon in the sky tonight." She is right. I grabbed one of the moon from my moon box and put it in the sky.

"I don't think it's here. But where could I have put it?" I said almost like a whisper.

"If you didn't lost it here. Maybe it is in Daigdig. You might've incorrectly put it in the sky and got lost there. We can't see or look for it here though. We need to go down to Daigdig." Tala suggested.

I am starting to panic. If father knew he will definitely be mad at me for my negligence. Tala noticed and calmed me by stroking my back.

"Don't worry too much, Mayari. Come with me. I knew exactly how to find it." she said.

And with that she pulled me and went for the door. Hopefully, she really new where we can find my lost moon or else I am doomed.