Chapter 3

Mayari's POV

"Since we will be going down to Daigdig at night time, might as well ask Apolaki to lend us some fire. It will make our search easier." said Tala as we walk towards Apolaki's room.

We walk-run going to his room. This is one of the only time I really went out of my room and I just realized how majestic Maca is. The floor we are walking to are made of marbles with some pecks of gold. Same goes for the pillars that supports the ceiling. The plants which I have no idea where they are planted creeps in the pilars  with white flowers.

Maca is really huge. As a matter of fact, I always gets lost in this maze-like castle. If not for Hanan and Tala I won't be able to get to where  will be going.

"We're almost there!" Tala informed me as we walk.

Apolaki and I aren't really close even though he trained us from attacking and self defense to tactics we could use in a war. He was very serious and most of the time was rude to me. To be honest, I can't believe that him and Tala will get along. I can understand Hanan getting along with him since she's really kind to every one except to our youngest sister but Apolaki and Tala? I am very surprised.

When we entered his room, we saw Apolaki, Hanan, Mapulon and Ikapati together. They're probably palnning the feast for the bountiful harvest in Daigdig.

"Wow! This is new. The moon goddess came out of her den. I heard that you're very busy slacking at night." he insinuated to me.

I really hate this guy, so boastful and rude.

Apolaki clears his throat and said, "Is there anything you needed? Co'z if none then begone. We're busy in here." he said rudely.

Son of his father! He really can't be polite just this once. Always the rude Apolaki.

I didn't let Tala speak, instead I said, "No, we don't need anything from you. We're here because we would like to visit our sister. Unfortunately, it does looks like you're busy." I said narrowing my eyes.

"Let's go Tala!" I pulled her and went out of the room, walaking to nowhere since I really don't have any sense of direction when out of my room.

"Why in the world will you do that, Mayari! You know we need his fire for us to find your moon. Do you know how much light your moon give at night time? It is not as bright as the sun's!" she shouted.

"I know! I know! I got irritated. What can I do? And besides, it's my moon. I should be able to find it."

______________________________________________

And so we decided to go down to Daigdig even without a fire.

At one point, I am not sure if we are allowed to go down there by ourselves without Galan Kaloloa's diaciples as our guide and guards.

"Are you secretly going down to Daigdig without father knowing?" I asked her.

"I don't go there secretly. It is part of my job. How will I know if my stars are placed correctly in the sky if I won't check it there?" she answered seriously.

"I envy you. You can go down there without having to ask permission from father."

"You knew about the prophecy, right? We're just avoiding what the Babaylan said will happen. Father is just protecting you." she said.

"Which is why I am very confused why I am the moon goddess. You know what, let's not talk about it. It'll just make me think about it when I just had it out of my mind recently." irritation obvious in my voice.

______________________________________________

"We're here, Mayari." she said excitedly.

I didn't realize that we're already at the portal bacause I was busy appreciating Maca.

"I'm really not sure about this. Shouldn't we go to father and ask for permission?" I told her.

"Don't be ridiculous! I am with you. Let's go!" encouraging me.

"Here goes nothing, Mayari." I told myself as we enter the portal.