Chapter 19

TW - Torture scenes

TW - Torture scenes

"Let me go," Tessa screamed, her voice cracking. "Please."

"Not until,"  the man gritted out, punching her stomach. "You tell us where the mortal cup is."

"I told you I don't know," she sobbed.

"Fine then," the man sighed. His hands pulling something out making Tessa's eyes widen.

A gun. He put the safety off and pointed it at her head.

"No," she gasped out. "Please no. I told you, I-I don't know where it is. Please."

"Aw," the man cooed, caressing her cheek, the gun still pointed at her. "I thought Nephilim didn't beg. Thought you were too good for it."

"I have a son," she whispered. "I have a son. Please. I p-promised him. I promised he would grow up w-with a family. A-and a-."

"Shut up," the man yelled, "just shut up."

Tessa whimpered as tears continued flowing down her cheeks. She had to survive, she had to do it for James. She promised him. 

"Maybe I can kill your beloved son after this," he laughed. "He could join mommy in heaven."

"No," Tessa growled. "I swear to god if you even think about hurting my kid-," she was cut off by a punch to her face.

"I thought you were special to the shadow hunters," he mocked. "But look at that, nobody cares."

Nobody cares about you, her mother's words echoed in her brain. 

"Nobody is here to rescue you, Nephilim. No one loves you," he chuckled. 

No one loves you, Theresa.

You're all alone.

Useless. Worthless. Monster. 

Tessa choked a sob as she tried to get the words out of her head. She didn't want to hear that voice again. Her mother is dead, it wasn't supposed to hurt anymore.

"Yo-," the man cut himself off as he grunted. Tessa looked up to see an arrow in his chest. A small smile graced her lips, it was Alec.

She heard screams and cries from outside the warehouse making her lips tug up. She was spending way too much time with Damon. 

She felt arms wrap around her making her tense, but quick shushing from a familiar voice made her relax. She looked up to see the dark brown eyes of the vampire she hadn't met in a very long time.

"Hello Miss White," Raphael Santiago smiled before speeding out of the warehouse. 

"Hey Raphie," the bloodied brunette breathed out. She looked around to see the bodies of about a dozen werewolves, all bloodied up and killed brutally. 

Jace ran towards her with a stele in his hand, "Hello angel," he smiled. He pulled down her top lightly and held his stele above her healing rune. "You're gonna be okay."

Tessa's eyes searched around until they met her favorite hazel ones, "Is he okay?" she asked. "J-James, is he okay? Where is he? The m-man he said t-ha-."

"He's okay," Aaron sighed as Raphael helped Tessa stand. "He's fine. Bonnie's put a protective spell and a cloaking spell on him. He's okay."

"Are you okay, Tessa?" Elijah asked as he and Klaus stepped forward, wiping his hands with a white handkerchief. 

"Yeah, of course, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be."

He blinked and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by his younger brother, "Maybe because you were kidnapped and tortured."

"Oh that little thing," she scoffed. "Twas nothing."

Damon rolled his eyes and sighed. He had known Tessa well enough to know what she was doing. She hated showing that she was vulnerable, so she bottled everything in and pretended that nothing could hurt her. 

"Come on," the younger Salvatore said smiling sadly. "Let's go home. James wants to see you."

Tessa smiled and took a deep breath. Her mother's words were still echoing in her head, her hands clenching at her sides.

She needed to be strong. She needed to be strong for James. She couldn't break.

She just couldn't.

A/N - Sorry for the short chapter. Exams are still a pain in the ass. But they're soon going to be over and then I'm going to spam your Wattpad :) xoxo