Epoch 🎐 14

If it was a ditch in the front, then it was a boundless well in the back. She couldn't afford to move forward, now could she afford to more a step back. A dilemma so grave that it gave her a headache.

Why was everyone after her little life? Tania grieved.

Woefully so, she took a shaky step forth when she heard_

"Nia."

"Nia?"

Titania was almost startled in fright when she heard Egan call her name. The ends of her hair rose up like that of a cat whose tail was stepped on as her petite back was already drenched with sweat. She timidly raised her head to look at the big boss on top of the alter, and saw him softly calling out into the communicational key.

"Tania, why don't you reply?" The man in black #softly whispered into the key.

Tania silently heaved a sigh of relief. God! She thought she was exposed for a second. She couldn't help imagining her fate once she was recognized by Egan. The very thought put her to tears.

She secretly stared at Eganius Cline who was earnestly staring at the communicational key with a sad demeanour, whispering into it from time to time. It really seemed like he was unaware that she was the real Tania he had been searching for all this while. All of a sudden, Titania's feelings were messed up. She didn't know what she should do next and fell into a complicated daze.

Everyone except for Titania wore a weird expression on. In such a tensed situation, no one dared to speak, much less move. All they could do was watch Eganius Cline play with his weird communication key in dire silence.

"Nia. Can you hear me? Nia, why didn't you keep your promise to meet me? .....Nia? .....This is the first time you have ignored me like this." Eganius Cline whispered grievously into the key.

"...Or, are you in any danger Nia?" His entire aura darkened even more at the thought. "Who dares to bully you Nia, I will end them."

Tania standing below: "........"

She was so depressed that she wanted to cry without tears. She couldn't speak, nor could she let anyone know that she was his Nia. If she did, she would die on spot. Big Boss, how do you suppose she can tell you about her own difficulties?

Egan on the other side, who tenderly held the communication key in his hand, did not get any response for a long time. He couldn't help wrinkling his brows and felt so irritable that in the next moment there was big 'boom' and another mountain in the back was wiped out of the face of this land.

Suddenly, his icy gaze fell on Titania and Tania almost had a mini cardiac arrest. She felt every hair of her body rising in fright and could only tremble in silence.

Mama! He is so scary!

Eganius Cline abruptly stood up and his expression was turning gloomier by the minute. His annoyed mood was very palpable and he looked like a tyrannical elementary schooler who was a sour looser, but his poster was like that of a goaded lion whose whole body reeked with the words 'I'm itching to kill'.

"All of you are to blame!" He grumbled irritably.

Everyone: 'Boss, what are you talking about? (cries~)'

According to his orders, they didn't move, nor did they speak. Now, why was he blaming them again?

Eganius Cline slightly raised his hand, and to the horror of everyone, a man standing amid the crowd suddenly screamed like he was being burned alive and the very next second, he fell to the ground with a thud.

"Damn it! It's so noisy around here." Eganius Cline groused out again.

Everyone in silence: 'Brother! Are you kidding me? It's so silent that you can hear if a pin drops! Where is it noisy?'

Everyone was trembling with their bodies tensed as their complexion changed for the worst. No one knew who had hit Eganius Cline's nerves today, but they felt this this fiend was not here to negotiate at all.

Eganius Cline was truly not here to negotiate with the mages. He was deliberately making things difficult for everyone now just because he was angry.

Eganius Cline, that is, Egan stared at the bunch of panicked mages trembling in front of him with cold cold eyes, and became even more angry when he was suddenly reminded of the scene of him waiting alone at the squire of Velrone for Nia and how she stood him up for almost two hours.

When he called her, she did not reply, and he was brutally ignored. It was the first time Eganius Cline was ever stood up and ignored.

When Egan finally became impatient and tired of waiting, he simply flew into the clouds and started patrolling the entire region of Velrone in search of Tania. From a high position, he saw this group of measly mages gathered around the city of Velrone, looking more like headless chickens as they fought with the wizards.

At that time, a bad premonition hit him hard. Did Nia did not come to meet him because of these people making unnecessary trouble around Velrone? Or was she captured by one of these lots?

And thus, Eganius Cline suggested to negotiate with these pathetic mages, just so he could find out more about his Tania. From the very beginning, he had no intention of making pacts or treaties with these irrelevant people.

Using his divine sight, he searched the mages, one by one, but he didn't find anyone who remotely seemed like his girl, nor could he find any magic communication key dangling to any of their necks. Consequently, he became even more angry.

Could it be that Tania was intentionally trying to hide from him after she came to know of his real identity? Was she scared of him? Or did she not want him anymore? Egan couldn't tell. But he was adamant on finding her now.

Since she did not take the initiative to find him anymore, he will turn the world upside down to find her.

He didn't believe that he would not find her if he really put his mind into it.

~ ••• ~

AUTHOR: Egan my boy, your wife is right under your nose!