Mini-saga Duology Challenge #1 [Closed]

Photosensitivity Warning: Please note, contest chapter(s) may include flashing images/gifs.

Here at WattpadSeries, we love everything related to the series whether it's a swoon worthy romance duology, an adventurous sci-fi dystopian trilogy, or a mind blowing epic fantasy with four, five, or even eight books.

Writing a series is challenging—it involves a lot of planning, hard work, dedication, and writing, of course, but what can make it even more challenging?

Have you ever written a micro-fiction duology? Sounds interesting, right? To find out more just keep scrolling.

THE CHALLENGE

For this contest, we challenge you to write a mini-saga duology.

When you write and tell a complete story within just 50 words, it's called a mini-saga. You can also call it a shorter version of a dabble.

For this challenge, you are required to write a duology within a hundred words. Each part of your duology must be written in 50 words (or less).

Both parts of your duology must connect together to form a complete story with a beginning, middle, and end.

As writing micro-fiction is already challenging we do not have any prompts for this challenge but you're required to write your duology within one of the following genres:

▪︎ Historical Fiction

▪︎ Young Adult

▪︎ Sci-fi

▪︎ Fantasy

▪︎ Romance

▪︎ Mystery/ Thriller

▪︎ Horror 

THE DEETS

--> The challenge begins December 1st, 2021

--> The challenge ends on December 31st, 2021, at 23:59 EST

--> Each part of your mini-saga duology should be no longer than fifty words (although a small amount of leeway will be given) which means both the parts should be no more than 100 words.

--> Your entries should be submitted via this FORM only. Entries should not be submitted until both parts of your mini-saga duology are 'published' and marked 'complete.' 

--> Each part of your duology should be published on Wattpad as a standalone story. (It should not be a part of the same or an existing collection).

--> Fanfiction is permitted.

--> All entries must be written in English. Unfortunately, we do not have other language capabilities on the team at this time.

--> Mature entries are permitted.

--> All entries must follow Wattpad Content Guidelines.

THE PRIZES

--> The winning mini-saga duology from the available genres will feature in its own reading list on this profile.

-->The winning mini-saga duology will receive a shout-out to over 5k fellow Wattpaders on the WattpadSeries profile.

--> The winning mini-saga duology will receive a special winner sticker.

Ready? Steady? Let's write!

DISCLAIMER

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.