A Halloween Spin-Off [Closed]

Welcome to 'A Halloween Spin-Off' - a celebration of all things spooky, mysterious, and enchanting! In the spirit of Halloween, we invite writers from across the realms to unleash their creativity and craft tales that send shivers down the spine, inspire ghostly delight, or cast a spell of enchantment!

In this contest, we challenge writers to embrace the Halloween spirit and weave their stories using a selection of prompts into a spin-off or one-shot using their already established series universe and/or characters.

- Choose one of the prompts below and write a one-shot/spin-off within 1500 - 3000 words.

- Your entry must be a spin-off/one-shot using either your series' already established characters or take place inside your universe.

- Your entry must be written for this contest.

- Mature stories are allowed as long as they adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

- Multiple entries are allowed.

- Your entry can be written as a separate book or be a separate chapter in a collection (you'll have to link directly to that chapter).

- Unfortunately, we can only accept entries in English.

- Submit your story in the form linked at the bottom of the page.

- Submission deadline: November 10, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST 

We have tried to keep the prompts somewhat open and vague to allow for fantasy/sci-fi universes or historical settings where Halloween wasn't celebrated

We have tried to keep the prompts somewhat open and vague to allow for fantasy/sci-fi universes or historical settings where Halloween wasn't celebrated. Some leeway will be given as long as the spirit of the prompt remains.

Game of Dare
Your character chose dare as their pick in the game of Truth or Dare that they were playing with their friends on Halloween night, which said they would spend their night alone in a so-believed haunted garden. Would they be alive till they complete the dare?

All Hallow's Eve Ball
There's an elegant masquerade ball on the night when the veil between worlds is at its thinnest. Is that romance in the air? Mystery? Or something much more sinister?

Revelation of Secrets
What would happen when your character finds out on the night of Halloween that the person they have been in love with for several years is not human after all?

The Eerie Ritual
Your characters stumble upon someone or a group of people performing a mysterious ritual. What are they doing and why?

The Haunted Mansion
Your characters find themselves in front of an old, decrepit building that is rumoured to be haunted. Unfortunately for your characters, it also holds the one thing they need to get their hands on.

Submit your tales by the stroke of midnight on November 5th

>> ENTER HERE THOSE WHO DARE <<

We look forward to the eerie, enchanting, and otherworldly stories you'll conjure in this 'A Halloween Spin-off' contest. Let your imagination run wild, and may your tales haunt, delight, and transport readers to realms beyond their wildest dreams!

Happy writing, and may the spirits of creativity guide your pen.

- Boo-ragging rights (ahem)

- A shoutout from WattpadSeries for your main series (as well as your winning entry)

- A unique sticker to add to your cover

- Your entry will be featured on a specific Reading List on the WattpadSeries profile for one month, then added to the Contest Winners list.

Contest Disclaimer: Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.