Chapter-16

Chapter-16

Annabel Piccolo's POV

"How is he now?" My heart is not at peace since Papa got heart attack. It's Monday evening now. A whole day went by and we are all in the hospital. Felisa, Gemma and me. The news is already out that Papa got heart attack. There is media outside the hospital. The doctor just did a check up on him. Felisa and Gemma beside me are waiting for the doctor's response for the question I asked.

"He is stable now." That brings a little relief to us. "But he should stay in the hospital for another two days for observation. "Here's the list of medicines that he needs to take once he goes home." I take the list from him

"Thank you." He nods his head and gives us a sympathetic smile before leaving. Felisa holds Gemma who is near to tears. I nearly tear up seeing her. I look at Papa lying on the bed and tears stir in my eyes. I feel alone without him. "I will get the medicines." I inform them and go to buy medicines from the pharmacy in the hospital.

Reaching pharmacy, I stand in the line. There are two other people in front of me. I hear familiar voices and turn to find Lucas and his parents. They are talking and Lucas sees me. Our eyes meet for a brief second before he turns to his father and says something. Mr. Alberto looks at me and gives me a nod. His parents go to the ward where father is and Lucas comes towards me.

The line in front of me moves and I move forward. He takes long strides to me and hugs me tightly.

"Angel." I feel warm. I hug him back and a few tears fall down.

"Lucas." I want to let it all out and cry, but I hold it in. This whole time being in the hospital has put a huge stress on me. This is so unexpected. Papa was always so healthy. I don't know what I will do if something happens to him. He is my only lifeline. He is my only support. But having Lucas here, just makes everything different. Having someone on my side when all is going south is refreshing.

"I am here now. I will not leave, okay?" He says as he gently pushes me to hold my face and wipe my tears. "Gemma just called, she said that he is stable." I nod my head.

"Yes."

"You are buying medicines?" He takes the prescription from my hand and holds my other hand. The person in front of me moves and we are next. Lucas hands in the prescription and takes the medicines. As we are slowly walking back to the ward, he speaks. "You weren't lifting your phone." I search my pockets for the phone and pull it out. "It's switched off. I tried calling you." It really is switched off.

My mind is not taking in anything that he speaks. It's just all fuzzy. I have taken a day off. "Thank you for coming." His presence here made me realise how alone I felt before he came. He helps me breath. He pulls me in and hugs me again. I hug him back.

"You don't have to thank me, Angel. We are family friends. I want to be here for you." His words have me tearing up again. I hold him tightly. We are near ICU and patients and families are passing by. I couldn't care less though. All the sadness and emotions that I have stopped and controlled from yesterday burst out and I let them out. He is soothing me and letting me be.

"I was so scared." I sob out. I don't know if he can understand me since I am crying heavily.

"I am sorry for not coming soon." He pats my head. I finally stop sobbing and he gives me a kerchief to clean my nose.

"You left here at 11 AM, Lucas. You were here for me today morning. That's enough for me." He kisses the crown of my head. "This way no one would suspect anything."

"Suspect what?" He asks still holding me.

"That we are going out." This is not the right time. He pushes me and looks at me.