Chapter-21

Chapter-21

Annabelle Piccolo's POV

My heart starts thudding. My fingers clutch Lucas's coat tightly. We have just started getting closer and finally have time together and we can't seem to stop getting caught. We are over each other all the time, all over the place and we keep not caring. If this keeps on going, we will get caught by Papa soon.

It's Daniel. My eyes widen and I quickly hide my face in Lucas's chest. He holds me close and grumbles. I drop my legs from around him and he kisses my forehead. I give him a look.

No! I plead with my eyes. He gives me a wink and takes my hand in his before turning around to Daniel. He looks just as uncomfortable. I am sure my face is red by now. He is looking at anywhere but me.

"I am sorry, Mr.Alb-" Daniel is about to close the door as he apologises, but Lucas stops him.

"It's okay, Daniel. Come in." He tells him. I make sure to keep my head down and hold Lucas hand tighter. He looks down at me and gives me a reassuring look. It's fine! The worry in me doesn't settle and I get down the table and look at my feet like they are the most important thing in the world. I hear Daniel step in.

"I have just come to collect a few files to prepare the report on the Oil company we are taking over." He explains. I can hear the nervousness in his voice. "I will come later-" He is again cut off by Lucas.

"You don't have to. Take them now. I expect the report on my table by Tuesday." He finishes and I bite my lips. He really does boss people around. He didn't speak to me like that, but I have seen him order people and demanding results from the employees. He is the Devil!

"Sure, Mr. Alberto." He complies and walks to the shelf of files. I don't know whether I should say "hi" or not. This is awkward. Lucas doesn't seem to mind though. I feel him lean closer and his lips touch my ear.

"Look up, Angel. You have done nothing wrong." He whispers and kisses my temple. He is right! I take a deep breath and lift my head up meeting Lucas's eyes. He gives me his full blown smile and suddenly his lips are on mine. No, he did not! I put my hand in his chest and try to push him. He can't be doing this now! Not in front of Daniel! Please Lucas! I try to telepathy and push him hard.

He pulls back and I gasp biting my lip. He winks at me and I blush. I look over his shoulder and find see Daniel turn around. I try to not shy away. He looks our way and our eyes meet for a minute second before he looks back at Lucas. He is about say something when Lucas speaks.

"You can leave." He commands and Daniel closes his mouth and he gives me a nod with a polite smile. I nod back and try to smile. Our little exchange doesn't go unnoticed by Lucas. He leaves my hand that he is holding and puts it over my shoulder before pulling me closer. I am wrapped in his scent and I lose my senses. "Oh and Daniel." He calls.

"Yes, Mr. Alberto." He gives his complete attention to his boss.

"Not a word." His voice is low and commanding like always. My hand is around his waist.

"You can count on me." Daniel tells before opening the door and leaving.

I let out a sigh of relief and look up at Lucas. I can't believe he kissed me in front of Daniel!

"We need to be more careful." I drawl and he chuckles.

"I can't wait to tell Mr. Piccolo, Angel! I would have our picture published on those damn news papers, magazines and tabloids that attach my name to woman who I don't even know." He confesses and I remember seeing many pictures of him with other woman all these years on the news papers and on the news. The thought of a picture of us together makes me feel all giddy. I bite my lips as I imagine it.