Chapter 6: The Third Prince's Wish

It's been a full week now.

And their second week together.

And there is still no winner between them.

"Hm, your movements now have a lot of thought behind it." Arthir says, hissing at the pain inflicted in his leg. Cyris finally managed to catch him off guard, attacking Arthir unpredictably.

"Tsk, you hit harder now." Cyris cusses, "Shit, this is gonna bruise for days."

These monsters!! Their usual audience cried.

"That was an incredible bout!" The general cheers, visibly relaxed.

"Thank you, General." Arthir replies.

"Thank you..."

"Come on men!" The general yelled. "All of you see how his highnesses fought! We must work harder!"

"Yes sir!"

Cyris gets a bit startled at their sudden energy, especially the General's. Then he catches a certain smile beside him. "What's with that smile?"

Arthir hums cheerfully. "Your highness, you have inspired them. Look, they're so spirited."

"It's the first I've ever seen them like this..."

"Hm...Well, let's leave them to focus on their training. Come, let's deal with our injuries." Arthir bit his lip as he took a step forward, suppressing himself from reacting to the stinging sensation as much as he can. All of the sudden...

"Wah!" Arthir yelped when he was suddenly lifted off the ground, arms under his knees and shoulder. He failed horribly to keep his composure, not knowing how to react or where to put his own hands, so they remained frozen. "P-Prince Cyris! P-Put me down!"

"You'll aggravate your wound." Cyris replied, finding himself staring at Arthir's flushed face, a soft tint of pink dusting Arthir's cheeks. "Let me carry you."

"B-But like this?"

"What's wrong with this?" Cyris tilts his head. Arthir couldn't say anything else as Cyris began to walk. Arthir settled his hands down on his lap, but he was suddenly slipping off. He shrieks and grabs a fistful of Cyris's shirt. Then he hears Cyris snicker.

"You...you did that on purpose."

"Payback."

"I'll get you back for this."

The medical staff weren't surprised anymore, expecting these visits now and then. It's not like they fought daily, but there was a time where they fought three days in a row tirelessly. Cyris carefully plops Arthir down on the soft bed, letting the doctor do his work while he takes care of his own injuries with another nurse.

"Did it end with another draw?" Cyris could hear the doctor say.

"Mhm, another tie." Arthir replies.

As time passed by, Cyris didn't care too much about winning or losing. It was the moment that he found himself immersed in. Of course he wanted to win against Arthir and prove his strength is stronger than the rest, but that didn't weigh his entire mind.

And...if either of them wins or loses, Arthir has to leave in the end...

If it was Cyris from the past in this position, he wouldn't care if Arthir left. He would love that, but now...Just imagining the future without seeing Arthir feels empty. The third prince made a big impact in his life after all and slowly changed his way of thinking.

Cohlin sighs. "Oh your highness. Once you fall in love, you'll never find it troublesome. There may be several challenges in love and it can be painful, but it's to test your bond and it will become strength."