{3} Sounds like a Challenge to me

I don't know who these dudes think they are. Perhaps we are related, but in no way shape or form does that give them the right to suddenly dictate my every move. I see Aslan is angered by my words but I simply turn around and move to leave the office.

"Don't leave." Aslan demands.

I ignore him and continue walking out. I place my hand on the door handle and exhale when I see an arm beside my head, holding the door closed. I lower my head and chuckle quietly.

The dudes really think they're slick eh?

I rip the door open, clearly startling the person beside me I now know to be Elio. He stumbles back and I take that as my chance to f*cking book it.

I sprint down the hall with no real destination in mind. I think just out of this place is the general idea. I hear shouting behind me but I ignore it.

One thing that tends to baffle my mind is how incredibly skilled I am when it comes to fighting. But the very second it comes to running or even walking for that matter, my stamina goes to sh*t.

Proof of that shows when Milo easily catches up to my slow ass self and corners me. I smile at him and he looks at me nervously.

"Don't do any karate sh*t." He says.

"How else am I supposed to get out of this?" I ask, trying to catch my breath.

"Maybe don't." He suggests. "The only thing that's going to happen if you get past me here is the guards will surround you outside. You're outnumbered Amren."

I shake my head with a chuckle.

"Just sounds like a challenge to me, Mi" I remark.

"I don't want you to run." He rushes out, making me pause. "I like you. You have a sense of humor, you challenge Aslan, you're witty and I love it."

"Mil-" He cuts me off.

"You're my little sister Amren, the other guys feel the same even if they have their heads so far up their asses to show it. Come back to the office and let them prove it." Milo asks sincerely.

I look in his eyes and he seems genuine. I kind of like Milo, the other guys not so much. Maybe Odin is okay but Milo's the coolest at this point.

"One more word that makes me want to slam my head against the f*cking wall and I'm out of here." I tell Milo, making him smile.

"Deal."

"And you all have to let me go." I clarify.

"Yeah, okay." He agrees, nodding his head and backing away from me.

I follow Milo back to the office where everyone is right where I left them. I flash a charming smile and sit back down where I was before. The boys look quite unimpressed with me.

"That was unnecessary." Aslan comments.

That was really close.

The wall is begging me to just-

"But I understand." He continues. "I'm sorry we weren't more welcoming. Your brothers really are happy you're here."

The fact that he made it a point to not include himself in 'my brothers' makes the wall quite appealing at this point.

"Why am I here?" I decide to get some information out of this dude.

"You're our little sister, 16 years of age and living alone. It's not an acceptable situation." He says unconvincingly. "As I think you also know, we have a few enemies who have made it a point to go after you. We cant allow that so you'll have to stay here so we can protect you."