{5} I Guess he's Just a Gentleman

New day, new motivation to make life suck for my supposed brothers.

My new motto.

I don't have a plan but I'll figure it out as I go. I just woke up and am laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I don't know what time their breakfast is so I'm going to use that as my excuse not to go.

But damn if I'm not hungry-

Aw frack of course I'm gonna go.

Groaning, I literally roll out of bed, allowing myself to fall onto the soft, carpeted floor with a thud. It's fun really, I've gotten comfortable here on the floor now.

It reminds me of my cracked up mattress back at Hana and Edie's.

My door suddenly flies open and I turn to look quickly since my back was faced towards it. Milo almost looks frantic, his eyes scanning every part of the room, them lingering on the bed then finally on myself, lying on the floor.

I'm about to ask if I can help him but with long strides, he rushes over to me and crouches down.

"Are you okay?"

His arm hovers over my shoulder, but he's careful not to touch me. I'm grateful for that, he's finally learning.

"I'm fine, why do you ask?"

I sit up, pushing his hand away and leaning my back on the side of the bed. He's almost level with me, but he's taller, even crouching. His eyes hold a little concern but he's less frantic than before.

"Did you fall off the bed?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"Nope." I reply with a small grin.

"Are you lying?" He raises an eyebrow at me, making my grin drop.

"No." I reply. "I was getting out of bed when you so rudely interrupted. Have you ever heard of knocking by the way?"

"Why were you lying on the ground?" He asks, still confused.

"Because it helps me wake up." I tell him. Before he can reply, I continue. "What time do you guys usually have breakfast?"

"7:30." He replies, making me widen my eyes.

I look over to the clock on the wall and see it's 9a.m. They let me sleep in?

"That's way too early but isn't that a rule?" I ask.

"It is, but Aslan figured you needed the rest. Yesterday was a stressful day for everyone."

"Wow so considerate." I mumble, finally standing up, making Milo stand up as well.

"He can be." Milo says with a simple nod.

I internally scoff. The idea of Aslan caring makes me want to vomit.

"I need to get ready and stuff so..." I trail off, hoping he gets the idea.

"Right, I'll let you do that. I'll be in the kitchen."

Milo turns around and leaves my room, closing the door gently behind him.

Do I know where the kitchen is?

Nope.

But we'll figure it out.

I go to my dresser where I stuffed my clothes into yesterday. I rummage through it and find a simple outfit. Literally just a baggier t-shirt, untucked with some mom jeans.

I'm going for comfort, not fashion today.

I do my business and make myself presentable in the ensuite to my room. That consists of brushing my teeth, washing my face and brushing my hair.