Chapter 4

I slept surprisingly good last night. I woke up at 4:30 am and everyone else was still sleeping so I decided before meeting anyone I would cook the house breakfast. I slipped on some sweats and a hoodie and headed to the kitchen. 

As I made my way to the stairs, I smelt that fascinating smell rain and pine, Freyja thought so to. Smelt like the forest after a fresh rainfall. It was coming from that room across from mine, but I could not just barge in and say why you smell so good stranger. I would be thrown back in cells. So, I ignored the smell and finished going to the kitchen where I began my work.

I after about an hour and a half I finally finished. I made Biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles. I also set out orange juice and made fresh coffee. I heard alarms going off and did not want to be interrogated right away so I grabbed the plate I made for myself and headed to the balcony.

 I heard people entering the kitchen. "Wow this smells amazing." "Who cooked all this?" I then heard Abby speaking, "Hey Andrew, darling, have you seen Raylynn she wasn't in her room?" 'Freyja let Abby know where we are, so she doesn't worry.' After a moment Freyja responded, 'I let her know we are the ones who cooked and that we took a plate and are sitting out here.' 'Thank you, Frey.' I went back to eating breakfast.

It was not too long before Abby made her way outside. "Hey Raylynn, how are you?" "Great Abby I heard they approve of the breakfast I made." "Yes, thank you. It's delicious." We sat in silence for ten minutes enjoying the rest of our food. 

"So, Abby, what are the plans for today?" she just smiled at me. "Well, I thought we skip training today, and go shopping. There is a big bon fire tonight. I figured that is where you could meet some people, see the pack, and have a fun time. Anyways you already got the training down your like a memory book. I believe you can do this." 

She looked at me with such hopeful eyes. "Yeah, sure why not." She jumped and hugged me. Wow I have not been hugged in such a long time. It felt so nice she was so nice to me I would forever be in her debt.

We head downtown to the mall just her and I. She told me not to worry about buying they owned the malls here, so it was fine. I did not like feeling like a charity case, but I know she did not mean it that way. So, we hit some stores she said, "First the outfits then we can accessorize as needed." I nodded in response. She took me too Victoria Secret and Pink first. Not going to lie that store made my entire body blush. Also made me choke some. So expensive for under wear.

We went through and she had me sized I about died when they said I was a 40 D, but they are the professionals. She bought me several pairs of bras and underwear and what she calls sexy fun time clothing, I do not need it but her money. 

We then got me some jeans, shirts, training wear, shoes, and lots of accessories. Finally, we went to food court she stopped and talked to some friends of hers I walked around a little and seen this music/entertainment store had a sale going on. I grabbed a pair of headphones that had a sticker that said try me on them. As I turned the channel to a familiar song I heard while stealing food on the run.

I want to dance with somebody, I want to feel the heat with somebody, Yeah, I want to dance with somebody, with somebody who loves me.

I kept turning the channel and a Christmas song came on one of my all-time favorites I never forget. Without thinking I got lost in the music.

"The snow's coming down, I'm watching it fall

Lots of people around, Baby please come home,

The church bells in town, all ringing in song,

Full of happy sound, Baby please come home."

I smiled as I took off the headset and heard cheering, I froze. Oh, my I did not realize I was singing aloud. I turned to Abby staring at me jaw dropped and smiling. I immediately ignored all and ran to the pizza line. Abby must off pick up I was scared she followed. "You know you have a beautiful voice." "Thanks Abby." "Don't be scared your safe and that was amazing." "You really think so." She nodded and smiled. We ate our pizza and headed back to the house to get ready for the bon fire tonight.

She was doing my make up when Andrew walked in. "Hey babe we are almost finished." "You look beautiful my love, as do you Raylynn." "Thank you Andrew I get up from the chair and turned to face him. I was wearing a pair of Black skinny jeans with some holes on the thighs and knees. I had on a white tank top that covered most of my back because of the scars but was quite low cut in the front.

He looked right at my neck; first time I wore my hair up high. He looked like he seen a ghost. "Are you ok." "Ummm, yes sorry I need to see my mother. I will see you ladies later okay. You both look beautiful." He took off in a hurry, I hope it was not because of me. Abby turned me around and said "Are you ready for the bon fire? I cannot wait until you meet everyone, The Alpha will be there tonight. We have a surprise for you." "I guess." We headed downstairs to go join everyone at the bon fire.

It has been a couple of hours and I have met the delta, gamma, and a few of the pack's warriors. Also ran into little miss Layla again. She is a spitball, I watched her pull some pranks and run off. She is hilarious. Suddenly, the music stops, and an alarm comes on. I am feeling very scared and do not know what to do when Abby grabs my arm.

 "Listen, I know you are scared but I need you to take the kids into the pack house you will be safe there. Go." "Abby what about you?" "Raylynn please I need you to do this, you cannot be in this fight I will explain later now please go rogues are attacking." I did as she asked, I guided the children to the house. 

That is when I heard a little girl scream, "Please somebody, HELP ME!" I see Abby take off to the scream shifting into her Golden-Brown wolf and without thinking I followed.

When I chased after Abby, I saw the child. Oh no, it is Layla her sister. I see Layla being dragged by her hair a filthy rogue. When Abby jumped to grab the rogue dragging her sister, I heard a loud BANG. Abby hit the ground nipping at her leg. She had been shot by a silver bullet. Freyja and I were seeing red, Abby is family, she has helped us so much being here, and they shot her.

They were trying to kidnap Layla an innocent little girl. I do not know what took over us, but we jumped into action in my human form. We jumped to Abby to check on her. "Raylynn, please help Layla help my sister." I nodded to her showing I was going to do just that. I stood seeing two rogues surrounding Abby, and one holding Layla by her hair. The two by us were in wolf form.

 The fur was matted and some missing, their stench was purely awful. The one holding Layla was tall built but did not hold a stench as the rest. I was beyond confused if he had a pack why was he doing this. Then he spoke, "This does not concern you, bitch. Runoff and tell your Alpha his little sister needs his saving."

 I do not know why but him speaking of their Alpha made a vicious growl emerge from deep within, my claws elongated and my k-9's pushed through. "Oh, so you think you are brave, Finish them, boys."

The two wolves jumped to attack but they were in for a surprise. The first one was careless and ran and jumped at me in mid-air trying to finish quickly I ran toward him and slid under his belly scraping my claws from his chest to his back leg. He landed with a thump, dead on impact with the ground. 

The second wolf growled angrily seeing his fallen comrade. I smirked seeing it was now two to one. As Abby told me never underestimate your opponent. The second wolf is pacing back and forth. He was a bit smarter trying to look for any weaknesses of mine to benefit from. We began running at each other, I heard Layla whimper at this sight which caught me off guard. The wolf swung his paw and connected it with my left eye.

Then the warmth of my blood slowly falls from my brow. I shook it off and punched him right in the snout hearing a loud crunch knowing I broke his nose. 

He was quite strong and strategic. He kicked my leg out from me and went to jump and quickly I rolled out of the way. As we began throwing punches and claws, someone grabbed me by my hair and sling me backward. I landed hard knocking the air out of me. I felt a few ribs crack in that motion. When I went to get back up, he kicked me in the head.

My vision begins to blur but I saw a huge silver wolf run towards the rogues. It was a slaughter. In seconds, the silver wolf had the rogues laying at his paws. The wolf stalked back to me. I looked into his icy blue eyes as my vision slowly began to darken, I felt the feeling I was sure was never to come. 

I let out a faint whisper that only those close enough to me could hear. "MATE." With that I let the darkness consume my body like it did when I was back at the old pack.