Chapter 5

Lucian

I knew the rogue we caught on our land was my mate. I was trying to keep my distance, but Lucifer was not liking all the distance. After speaking with Abby, I knew we could not scare her and be the reason she chose to stay. She needed to make that choice on her own.

 During the bonfire, I decided I should keep my distance from the pack because she would catch my scent and she would follow it. Sleeping across the hall from her was risky enough.

I saw her at the bonfire in the distance making conversation with the pack. She was so pure, sweet, loving. She was perfect in my eyes. Suddenly, our alarms sounded. Within seconds I shifted into my wolf. Beta Andrew by my side, we headed to the right where the motion alarms were triggered. There were only a few and the warriors had them under control.

Then Lucifer entered my thoughts, "Lucian this doesn't feel right. Why would there only be a few rogues knowing how strong our pack is?" he was right before I could answer I heard a loud BANG. Gunfire, I turned and saw Andrew in pain which could only mean Abby.

 I ran as fast as we could frantically searching. Finally, I saw Abby, Andrew ran to her side. Then I saw a dead rogue and Raylynn on the ground barely moving and Layla laying by a rogue crying. I saw red and let lucifer take over. He killed them quickly and without mercy. We slowly walked back to Raylynn who was looking right into our eyes.

When I approached, I heard the faintest whisper, "Mate" and then she was out. I mind linked the doctors, 'Pack doctor two of them now.' It was not long before the pack doctors arrived one took Abby who was shot in the upper thigh.

 When they reached for Raylynn, Lucifer let out a deep growl. 'Lucifer, they have to take her, let us run, and then we will come back, and you can watch over her, Okay?' He turned and ran to the woods giving them enough time to look her over.

Then Andrew entered my mind, 'Alpha, Abby will be fine. Also, Raylynn is stable and still unconscious. You can sit with her now.' Quickly we ran to the pack hospital and made our way to her room following her scent. They had put two of the hospital beds together so there was room for me. Andrew must have let them know. Still, in wolf form, we got into the second bed and laid our head on her thigh watching over her and making sure no one can harm our mate.

 I know she cannot hear us in wolf form but 'I promise to never let anyone ever harm you, or anything bad to ever happen to you Raylynn, our mate.' With that, we fell asleep with being in lucifer form nothing will get past us.

Raylynn

My body ached and every breath. My eyes were heavy, but I remember Layla and Abby. I opened my eyes instantly at their thought. My legs felt like a ton of bricks have been on them. When I looked down at my legs at gasped at the sight of a huge silver wolf on me.

 At the sound of my gasp, the wolf quickly snapped his head in my direction whimpering at me. His eyes I remember them, the icy blue. Freyja screaming in my mind, 'I hope you do he is our mate silly.' 'What?' 'You don't catch on too fast.' 'Thanks, Frey he is in wolf form what do I do?' 'Just talk to him his wolf needs to know we are ok.' 'Ok Frey.' I was nervous I mean I talk to my wolf but am I insane come on now. Raylynn you can do this he is just a wolf laying on your lap who is our mate.

"Hello there, Wolfe. Sorry, I do not know your name, yet I hope you don't mind." He gave me a small wolf smile and rubbed his snout on my leg. "So, you are my mate, and I guess you're the one that saved me. Freyja says you just want to make sure I am okay, is that right?" he nodded his head yes. "Well see I am good." 

He just tilted his head to the side like he needed more than me saying it. "Well, this is not awkward at all." I went to turn not realizing my gown was open and my scars were showing. Once the wolf saw my scars, I heard a thunderous growl come from him which made me yelp. He then began to crawl towards me showing me he would not hurt me and licked my cheek. He then rubbed my back with his snout.

"I am sorry you had to see that. Please do not be upset with me. One day I will explain, but first I will tell you something else. My name is Raylynn, I am 19 years old. My favorite color is white and blue. I love music, and fairytales, books, anything that lets me run away from this world." I did not realize I was petting his fur until I heard him let out a purr-like noise deep within his chest.

 I let out a giggle which made him stare straight into my eyes and smile himself. "My favorite food is Chinese, and my favorite flower is roses and sunflowers, my favorite time of year is fall but I love Christmas as well. Sorry, I am rambling, but this is kind of a one-way conversation."

Talk about great timing the doctor just walked in. "Alpha, sir can you give me a few moments with Raylynn please?" The wolf got up licked my hand and went out the door. Already missing his presence. Wait I do not even know him, Mate bond or no he still needs to show me I can trust him, and then I will give him my heart. "Raylynn, how are you feeling?" "Pretty well, ribs and head hurt." "They will hurt for a while. From of course recent events and past. So, for the next three days no shifting, and I have a diet exercise routine for you to follow to get all your strength back." "Okay doctor, thank you." She smiled at me and headed out the door.

Before I could think about everything that has happened the door swings open and Abby, Andrew, and Layla came rushing in. 

"Raylynn you are ok, thank the Goddess." Abby takes a deep breath. "Me, are you ok Abby, Layla?" "Sissy is fine she healed three days ago finally, and because of you I am fantastic." "That is good, WAIT. Did you say three days ago? How long have I been out?" "A week," Andrew said quietly. "Please, Excuse me I need to go talk to the Alpha." He said giving Abby a kiss as he walked out. 

After about ten minutes of talking to Abby, Layla was soundly sleeping at my side. "Abby goes ahead and goes to Andrew she's okay in here." She nodded and headed out and I cuddled a sleeping Layla falling asleep quickly after.