prologue

prologue: aurora kinsley's death

HOW DID AURORA KINSLEY DIE IN THIS UNIVERSE?

well the question you should be asking is, how did aurora kinsley die in every universe except her own? good question, it cant be answered. all aurora knows is the way she died in this universe, by her no good brother collen. he was on thanos side, (whoever that was) and he killed her the day she came back from the blip (whatever that was). 

aurora kinsley in this universe was known as, lighting. she apparently was loved by thousands, treated like a queen, and she was an avenger... whatever that was. her sister didnt survive the blip, but came back to realize that her sister was dead. so was collen- who was killed by thanos. aurora, natasha romanoff, and tony stark all died that day: so did part of the city.

lighting was a goddess to some. everyone knew who she was, they wouldn't yell at her, crowd her space, they would wave at her from crossed the street. they would praise her for her actions, not torment her. lighting got a memorial by what was left of the avengers compound, which was fucking sick.

aurora kinsley, electra, the one who was brought here, was so confused on everything. jake gyllenhall lookalike was a supervillain named mysterio... well he was a hero to some... which is why this spiderman is getting trashed on. spiderman wasnt her spiderman, he was some teenage kid who had no idea what he was doing. gwen stacy didnt exist here either, or mary-jane, just michelle jones. 

how did aurora get sucked into this world? well the answer was simple, doctor strange thought he grabbed the right aurora (since some believe she was stuck in another universe, since they never found the body) and dragged her to this universe. now he can't send her back, which shows he isn't a good wizard after all. aurora still had her powers though, she transformed into a black widow type suit instead of her real suit, but aurora didnt mind.

this new york seemed more chaotic, people were always breaking into stuff... every... single... day. kids were spray painting shit everywhere- could be a result of the blip- aurora had no idea. it also had different shops then her world, so of course aurora had to take some notes so she wouldn't sound dumb. for being here in this universe for a few days, aurora knew more stuff then she learned in school.

aurora stood in a coffee shop, she wore sunglasses and a big coat. it wasnt her best fashion choice, but since she had nothing else: this had to do. aurora dug her hands into the stolen coat's pocket, good thing the person she mugged it off of was rich. aurora pulled out a 100, a smirk on her lips as she walked up to the counter. "black." aurora ordered, placing the 100 down making the cashier nod.

the brunette walked out of the coffee shop, she put her earbuds in her ears blocking out the screams of angry new yorkers. she wondered what her peter was doing, was he worrying about aurora after she didnt answer his weekly 'are you okay?' texts. maybe he didnt care, she did break his heart. 

after long hours, crying, screaming in agony, and drinking- aurora kinsley finally accepted she was fucked and there was no way to get home. aurora met a woman, she was named kate bishop who was visiting new york for a while. kate was amazing with a bow and arrow, and fighting- which amazed aurora. the two became friends, until kate had to leave two days after they met.

but hey! at least aurora made a friend.

aurora walked through the streets of new york, the billboards were filled with peter parker/ spiderman, shit. obviously mysterio was some kind of hero- to some- but really he was a villain. everyone hated spiderman now, which is fucking stupid because he saved the world how many times and the one time this mysterio guy does- hes apparently a god. she chewed her gum slowly, trying to find the one person she needed to find- doctor strange

what a terrible superhero name. 

aurora opened the apartment door that kate gave her, she scrunched her face up in disgust remembering that this wasnt her real apartment. that made her think, was she missing in her universe? did people even notice? did aurora just vanish from existence there? all these questions ran through her mind.

something felt off about this apartment though, someone was in here. aurora sighed, throwing her keys on the counter, "listen, if you're here to kill me, make it quick." the brunette stepped into the living room to connect eyes with a brunette woman, who looked similar to her. "hi?" the brunette woman raised an eyebrow.

"aurora kinsley?" the brunette woman asked, skeptical of aurora.

"yep."

"oh fucking hell." the brunette sighed, she put her hand out, "my name is aurora kinsley, but my friends call me rory." aurora blinked, what the fuck. she was looking at herself from a different universe, "yesterday i was sent through a portal and i felt like i needed to find you" rory sighed, she stepped forward, "in my universe i'm spiderwoman."

aurora froze, "what?"

rory, who scoffed, raised her hand to shoot a web out of her making aurora jump out of the way. "i'm basically a female version of spiderman!" she did jazz hands sarcastically, making aurora blink in confusion. "what the fuck is happening?" aurora shrugged, she walked over to the fridge grabbing a beer. she opened it by flicking her finger on the lid, it flying to the garbage. rory watched as aurora chugged the beer, "i suppose you have no idea."

aurora nodded, glancing at rory as she finished the beer. "i was sent here a week ago, since i have quick thinking i figured out doctor strange accidentally brought me here." aurora mumbled, putting the beer on the counter. "something about wanting to bring the real aurora back-"

"ouch."

"yeah i know." aurora replied with a smirk. 

rory frowned, "well we better find this strange guy."

aurora threw rory a beer bottle, she caught it swiftly, "trust me, already tried," aurora sat on the counter, rory's eyes lit up making aurora look at her. the two seemed to be close already, which doesn't make any sense but aurora felt like she could trust her.... even if they were two different people that just met each other.

"we need to find peter parker."