Chapter 5: moving fast

"Oh, Thea, you poor baby. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," my big companion was shaking his head and gazing at me with sympathy.

"Did you mean it, Vivian?" I asked with a touch of returning anxiety, "It makes no difference to you?"

With ease his strong arm drew me across to him and he kissed me again. "You're a gorgeous chick, Thea. Brave, smart, cheeky. If you're willing to give me a chance, I'd like you as my girlfriend."

"Oh, Vivian, you hardly know me."

"I've found out an awful lot about you pretty quickly, and I like what I've found."

Gosh, this was moving fast. I was beginning to feel good and I liked that strong arm around me.

"Let's get out," I said.

Outside I moved up against him and kissed him lightly. I put my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder. The big man's powerful arms encircled me and I had a feeling of being safe, safer than I had ever been in my life. I sighed as he began to nuzzle my hair.

Time passed. I drew back, looking up at his face. "Tell me again, Vivian, please."

He understood, I knew he would. "You are a beautiful young woman, Thea and I'd be delighted to have you as my girl (pause). Please, will you be my girlfriend"

Quiet again. "Do you want me to say it again, babe?"

"No, kiss me."

Oh, that was a nice kiss that one. I got all tingly feelings. Golly, this was a strange night.

"Come on, I'd better tell my friends then we can go."

We were at the entrance of the nightclub when Vivian said, "Are you okay with this, babe? Say the word and I'll knock his fucking block off."

I could hear the anger back in his voice. I felt calm again. I put my hand lightly on his chest. It was like stopping an army tank with a small magic wand. "No, my dear hunk. That guy matters no more. He is irrelevant to me. Let's just find my mates."