CHAPTER 73

The next day early morning, Yan Hui and Tian Yao finally reached Black Mountain.

A winding stream flowed from the mountain. It was so clear the bottom could be seen, not at all as dirty as its name implied.

Yan Hui knelt down and reached one hand into the water. She had just placed her hand in when she felt her pain in her fingertips. It was like being cut open. The cultivation in her body flowed out and into the water.

"This is it." Yan Hui drew her hand back and stood up. She turned to look at Tian Yao: "I don't have much cultivation in my body. The medicine apprentices said about a six hour soak in the waters will be enough to cleanse me. Are you going to wait for me here?"

Tian Yao nodded.

However, Yan Hui just stared at him. After a long time of staring, Tian Yao slightly raised an eyebrow: "What is it?"

"I need to go in naked."

At those words, Tian Yao's gaze tremored. He turned around and walked behind a tree off to the side. He clasped his hands and quietly waited there. He was only missing his dragon heart now. His hearing was already greatly enhanced with the return of his other body parts. He could hear the rustling sounds as Yan Hui took off her clothes. He could tell by the rustles which piece of clothing she was removing.

The longer he stood their quietly, the more restless Tian Yao got. He gazed up into the sky. When Yan Hui entered entered the water with a splash, Tian Yao couldn't stop himself from listening in that direction.

When Yan Hui entered the water, she couldn't help letting out a small gasp from the icy water and the force of its flow.

That quiet sound caused Tian Yao to involuntarily look over. However right before he turned his head, he snapped back to his senses. He immediately straightened his head. He couldn't understand what had happened to him.........

He was like a vulgur peeper secretly watching a girl bathe.......

Right when Tian Yao's inner struggle was at the peak, there was a suddenly low cry from Yan Hui followed by a splash. Tian Yao froze and listened closely. There was no more sound of movement.

It was then that Tian Yao suddenly looked over. Yan Hui's clothes were piled by Black River's riverbank, but there was no sign of Yan Hui in the river itself.

Tian Yao hurriedly walked forward to the riverbank. In this short amount of time, he could no longer sense Yan Hui's aura.

Tian Yao's forehead furrowed. He bent forward and put his hand in the water. He also felt pain in his fingertips, and shortly after that the sense of his cultivation, outside of his control, flowing away into the water.

Tian Yao stayed there sensing for a while. There was no rush to pull his hand out. As he was stooped over the water, suddenly there was another force pulling on his fingers. It was tugging him down.

This Black River didn't just have the power to cleanse away cultivation. There was also some other power hidden below the surface. Tian Yao focused on the river water. It was still clear enough to see though to the bottom. There were no impurities. The hand that was immersed in water also wasn't touching anything.

However, with each passing second, Tian Yao could more clearly feel a force tugging down on his fingers.

Was Yan Hui tugged down by this same force?

To find where Yan Hui was, following the force down would be the fastest and most dangerous route. Tian Yao focused his gaze. He thought about it for only a split second, practically not at all, before following the force down into the water.