7 ~ Fragrance

Ruhani POV

इल्म जो हुआ उनके ख़ास इत्र का,
हम तो उस रोज़ उसी से नहा लिए,
उन्होंने जो एक नज़र हस के देखा,
हम तो उसी पल अपना बना लिए,

***

Ilm jo hua unke khas itr ka,
Hum to us roz usi se naha liye,
Unhone to ek nazar has ke dekha,
Fir hum to usi pal apna bana liye,

***
The moment I know his favourite perfume,
I took a bath with it,
The moment he glared at me with a smile,
I made him mine within,

***

He made me stand against the mirror and look into my eyes through the reflection. The dim yellow lights of the chamber were glowing on our skins.

He lowered his gaze and opened one of the jewelled boxes on the dressing table. He took out an elegant ring from that and showed me.

"Ruhani,"

My name from his mouth and voice felt like heaven.

"This ring... I chose for you for... muh dikhayi,"

His voice was slow and almost inaudible when he said the last word.

My face blushed with his words, and he slowly took my hand.

His palm was way bigger compared to mine. It was manly and rough and showed how hardworking he was. There were slight marks of the cuts he might have had in the wars. The moment he took my hand in his, I blinked; it was racing my heartbeats somehow.

"You have such small hands,

He muttered, teasing me; his hot voice travelled down my ear, and then he slid the ring onto my finger.

I doubted how he knew my ring size.

I looked at him above my shoulder and tried to signal him, asking how he knew my ring size.

He looked confused, and I slowed down my actions repeating them.

"I know your ring size because yesternight, I kissed your hand,"

He muttered, and I blushed even more, yet confused by the strange change in his actions.

I didn't know what it was, but I could feel that it was increasing my deep feelings for him. Yesternight, I cried because of him. I didn't know what he had for me.

My eyes filled with tears as I looked into his eyes for answers.

He brushed my fingers a little and turned silent for some moments.

After some time, he said.

"Ruhani, hume aapse koi ranj nahi hai... Aapne hume chuna jab aapke waalid ne kaha ki waapis chalne ko. Ye jaante hue ki aapke shauhar aapse naaraz hai... Khuda kasam aapki hifazat ka jimma hamara hai. Aapko khush rakhne ki poori koshish karenge hum,"

"Ruhani, I do not have any complaints with you... You chose me when your father asked you to leave with him even though you knew that your husband didn't behave well last night. God swear I have responsibility for your safety, and I will also try my best to take care of your happiness,"