Chapter 1

Place: Ocean
LOK

>~- Ivar Pov - ~<

I was sitting down at the front of the ship looking at the other boats and the people on this boat doing their jobs

I was sitting down at the front of the ship looking at the other boats and the people on this boat doing their jobs. We were on our way to Wessex to take revenge on king Ecbert for destroying the villages our father had there. The villages got destroyed by king Ecbert and his people, but why?

We had no idea. That's what we wanted to find out.

We've been in the middle of the ocean for what feels like two days. All this time I was just sitting and watching, because what could I do? Bjorn was the leader and he gave away the commands. I wasn't able to do anything.. The same for Hvitserk though. He was sitting next to me these past two days.

We've been talking about a lot of things. We talked about Wessex, our father and about Lynn. Just as me and Hvitserk were talking about her something came up in my mind and it was something I had to ask Bjorn.

'Bjorn, our father told us that we couldn't lay a hand on Lynn. Why?'

Bjorn looked up from where he was sitting. And he looked at me with a annoyed look on his face. 'Have you been listening to our stories Ivar?' I nodded my head yes. Ofcourse I remembered all the stories my father and Lagertha used to tell us every evening. I had no idea why, but in their eyes this kid was special. Well kid. She's not a kid anymore, cause if my calculations are right she would be 21 by now. Same age as Hvitserk.

'But Bjorn you told us that you haven't seen this Lynn for like 5 years. How do we know that we are not taking Lynn with us?'

Bjorn seemed a bit worried about the comment I just made. And he wasn't the only one. Ubbe, Hvitserk and even Sigurd were thinking about an answer. But Bjorn spoke up. 'She'll probably be in the castle. King Ecbert does anything to keep Lynn safe.' then he continued with his work.

Me and my brothers nodded. We all agreed. And the other thing was that according to Bjorn, women weren't even allowed to fight in Wessex. So Lynn would indeed probably be in the castle. So the only thing we had to do was to not go into the castle. And that's the exact thing our father has forbidden us to do.

After what felt like hours we finally saw a small glimpse of Wessex. It was almost time for our revenge. I'm really curious about this Lynn everyone talked about. What if she's the most beautiful women I've ever seen?

>~- Hvitserk Pov -~<