Chapter 5

Place: Kattegat
LOK

>~- Ivar Pov -~<

The doors opened and we got greeted by lots of different faces and the smell  of food

The doors opened and we got greeted by lots of different faces and the smell of food. We walked inside and the girl was walking behind us leaving her to a surprise for every person in the room. We walked further into the room and I noticed Hvitserk getting more and more uncomfortable every minute that past. But I decided to ignore it and call out for my father who already seemed to notice me.

Ragnar stood up from his throne. 'Sons! Welcome back!' he held his cup in the air and so did everyone else. Then everyone cheered and took a sip from their cup. Then he started asking us about the trip.

'So.. My boys. How was the trip to Wessex?'

I looked around and noticed that all of my brothers were smiling except for Hvitserk. So I decided to answer. 'It went really well father! Did the other men show you all the things we took with us?' 'Yes they did.' he answered. 'Lots of jewels and other valuable things I believe.' he said.

I nodded yes. 'Where is Bjorn?' Lagertha asked who was sitting on the other throne next to Ragnar. 'He's probably still outside. I think he'll be here any second.' Ubbe answered before I could answer her. 'Hvitserk? You okay?' Ragnar asked while looking at him. 'Yes I'm fine father.' he answered quickly.

'Is something wrong?' I asked him pissed off. I just wanted to continue we don't have time for behavior like this. 'You'll notice soon enough. Ivar. But just remember. I'm not a part of this.' he said to me angrily.

I was taken back by the sudden comment. So was Lagertha. Ragnar seemed more confused then ever. But I just continued on.

'Father I've got something, well someone, to show you!' I said with a smile planted on my face. 'I brought someone with me to become my slave, but she's not just a regular person, no she can speak and understand our language and I'm pretty sure she also has our fighting techniques!'

I saw my fathers eyes widen. At first it didn't seem that big of a deal, but now it looked like his ears were steaming.

'Ivar.. Have you been inside the castle?' he asked me pissed off. 'No father.' I said still smiling having no clue why he was so pissed off. 'I can confirm that father. We've not been into the castle.' Sigurd said.

My dad got a bit more relaxed and sat back into his chair. 'Then show me.' he said.

But before I could say anything the doors behind me opened.

>~- Björn Pov -~<