First and last enemy

Written by : msjasly

_________________________________________________

The dim light of dawn played lightly on the morning dew, which had gathered on the window glass overnight. The young and charming business tycoon, Ashwin Kumar was sleeping in his condominium with a frown on his face may be having a bad dream or an analepsis.The morning sun shone brightly and its gaze reflected on his face as he startled from his sleep and thanked the sun mentally for saving him from falling into the bitter memories. Running his fingers through his hairs, he left out a long exhale to calm his racing mind.

Pushing away his thoughts he got ready for his office as he had a meet with couple of businessperson from his industry to discuss the latest taxes the central government has imposed for their business, which would make great impact if not addressed immediately. He got in his Lamborghini with his friend sum PA Sharath accompanied him. Nothing could stop him from dwelling into the past when Sharath got his attention.

Ashwin, Sivaangi Krishna Kumarwill be present in today's meet said Sharath looking at anywhere except Ashwin.

Gritting his teeth, he turned to face the window as his thoughts flashed back to St. XaviersSchool, the huge grey and white building with wide windows and long corridors where he spent his school life. He was the most loved and favourite for every teacher and student until she joined when he was in his class Twelve. The extremely quiet and loveable Ashwin got in fight with a boy from his class for constantly bullying his friends, which went overboard that day when they teased his friend with vulgar comments. The usually quiet auditorium turned into an open court for boxing as the boys fought each other. A loud and alarming voice broke through the hall making them rooted at their place.

The principal was glaring at them and beside him stood a bubbly girl in her navy blue skirt, white shirt and two plaits complaining that the boys had been fighting and her studies for the model exam was highly disturbed.

Ashwin I never thought you would behave so ridiculously. I have always pointed you as an example for every student but you proved me wrong today. Let this the first and last warning said the principal and left asking the boys disperse.

The top ranker and smart Ashwin first time felt humiliated. He walked towards the girl gritting his teeth and saw her id card, which displayed Sivaangi Krishna Kumar.

Better, never come across in my life. You will be the first enemy of my life said Ashwin. Staring into her eyes.

She looked at his ID card and read his name Ashwin Kumar Lakshmikanthan.

Then stay within your limits until you finish your final exams Ashwin Kumar my last enemy she gave back equally to him.

Both left the place and they never met face to face again. Ashwin finished his board exams and joined college for his business degree. Everything was fine going and happy for him until he finished his first year. He joined back college for his second year and he was a topper in studies and champion in sports, an enthusiastic dancer and he was the heartthrob of many girls in college but he always took a foot back from girls and stayed with his friends. Every cultural in the college got his attraction with his dance moves.

It was during the end of the year the management decided to celebrate the 25 years of the college and every department had to come together for performances. A professor who was appointed specially to organise the events made a list of participants according to their talents and planned a different way to celebrate the day. There were no music systems instead, students would sing and dance with a band. Professor chose singers and dancers for performance. All the participants gathered at the hall to register with their choice of song for singing and dancing. Dancers will have to get their singers for their song.