Chapter 3: nightmares

Miko POV:

It was another night, this time it was different. The little creatures that nibbled at her didn't bother her tonight. No, there were not any monsters around, actually this was weirder than she thought was good.

Getting up from her bed, I turned on my lamp light to see the room empty. There was nothing out of the ordinary when she looked, but she heard a faint sound in the hallways. 

Unsure of what may be lurking there, I decided against my better judgement to go out into the hall.

Approaching the door, a sound got louder and louder. Scratching of the walls was apparent, I still felt the urge to press my short luck even further.

It wasn't like there was anything to keep me going except my own curiosity, maybe even a gut feeling. Sickness, a disease almost recognizable, a stench pulling her closer than before. It felt foreign, making my stomach feel as if it were being punched. 

"Why am I even doing this?" I whispered before peeping through the front door hole. I was thrown back in horror at what I had seen, a sick humanoid, repulsing figure.

 I was thrown back in horror at what I had seen, a sick humanoid, repulsing figure

It was wandering the halls, seemingly with no goals in mind. Carrying a large single bladed axe, it had was soaked in a red liquid dripping from it's body, likely blood. 

On the ground I felt paralyzed as all I could do was listen to the sounds stepping closer to her door. In a state of panic, I saw it walk through the door and stare at me. I felt my face pale as I desperately stared straight at the door.

"Oh oops, it looks like I tripped haha." I said to myself out loud, getting up "I was heading to get a drink, silly me for forgetting to buy some." 

After saying this, I then headed through the door to the elevator. Shuttering, I walked through the demonic looking beast, it seemed that I had managed to fool it. The beast heard what I said, so straying from the path I talked about would have alerted the creature something about me wasn't right. I didn't have a choice anymore.

Walking around the corner towards the vending machine, I bought a simple iced tea. 

"Well, I wouldn't expect somebody to be out this late." it was a boy who looked to be as old as a senpai would be, if she had to guess. He has short grey hair that was swept to the left, as well as violet eyes with square-rimmed glasses.

"I just so happened to need a drink, senpai." I responded, I just wanted to get back to my room, I walked past him. Although, as soon as I tried to walk past him, I was stopped by him. 

"What do you know of Ayanokoji Kiyotaka?" huh? Who is this person and what does he want with Kiyotaka?

"What do you mean? Just who are you?" I asked, his face was clearly annoyed.

"My name is Horikita Manabu, I am the student council president. You should've known that much." I dead panned; I had no idea that being the student council president was such a big deal "What I want with Ayanokoji is none of your business. What I need from you is to tell me what you know about him."