Chapter Two

H

e walks back closer to me, a smile never leaving his face, his eyes focused on me.
Is he going to kiss me? Confess something too? Or leave me here and pretend nothing happened? Well, technically nothing happened. Yet.

But as always, Tae is full of surprises and does none of those things. Instead, he asks me “do you want to reenact it?”

He’s now so close I can feel his breath on my skin, his arm touching mine. It’s not what I was expecting but I can’t refuse such an offer so I nod and reply a small “yeah".

Instead of kissing me right away, he adds to my agony by asking me if he can check the fan art again to make sure we do it properly. I can’t help laughing quietly at this ultimate tease.

“Sure” I show him the phone again and he nods as if he was studying something very important, like a new choreography we have to learn.

But I guess it is important since it’s going to be our first kiss. Once he’s done, he throws the phone gently on the table nearby and adds

“we need to be as faithful to this artist as possible.” I nod again.

He puts his right hand on my left shoulder and his left one on my waist before whispering “now you need to close your eyes and let your head drop against the wall.”

I don’t dare to look at him again before obeying him. I close my eyes and drop my head just as he asked me and just like in the fan art. The room is silent and with my eyes shut it feels like every part of my body is ready to react to his slightest touch. I expect his lips but he lets his right-hand trails very lightly and gently along my neck, his breath hot on my skin.

His hand falls down on my collarbone and that’s when I feel his lips on my skin. Finally, Tae is kissing me and every inch of me is reacting to this soft first kiss. My breath catches, my skin got goosebumps, my legs shiver a bit and my right-hand goes to his neck to grab him. His first kisses are very slow, he’s taking his time like he’s savoring my skin.

And just when he's starting to kiss my neck more passionately he stops. I’m so surprised that I even let out a small sigh. I was hoping he would make his way up to my mouth and we would have our first real kiss.

Why did he stop?

Didn’t he like this first step?

Or was it just a game for him?

His head still in the crook of my neck and his hands still on me, he asks me quietly

“can I show you something?”

“Mmm yeah ok but-“ I want to protest and tell him I was hoping for more but as he gets his own phone out of his pocket, he takes off his left hand from my waist and slides it into the back pocket of my pants, pulling me slightly against him. I’m speechless and still trying to understand what’s going on when I see him unlock his phone (with a cute wallpaper of Yeontan) and goes to his gallery.

“What is it? What do you want to show me?”
He doesn’t answer and I see him open a secret photo album on his app.

Once he’s entered the password specific to it, I see that the name of the album is
Maybe one day… with a rabbit, a red heart and a tiger emojis. Before I can ask anything about this secret album he hands his phone to me and says as an answer

“You showed me yours so I’ll show you my favorite ones.”

His favorite ones?

I grab the phone and look down, both shocked and deliriously happy by what I see.