𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 26

No, no, no, no. This wasn't real. This is all just some stupid fever dream I'm having after bumping into someone in the school hallway, right? I must have bumped into them so hard that I became unconscious. I was tempted to pinch myself, just to check. A part of me knew it was real, which ripped my heart to shreds. But yet, I refused to believe it.

I refused to believe the person standing by the rusty, metal door was Alexander.

"What the hell!?" I yelled, my voice cracking due to my dry throat, "Why am I tied to this bed!?"

"Great to see you too."

He only smirked, tousling his dirty blonde hair, which infuriated me even more.

"Why am I here!?"

"Man... you really don't remember, do you?"

"If I had remembered something, I would have brought it up, jackass." My eyes darted around his face, trying to read his confusing expression.

"True."

I attempted to struggle, against the tight straps, hoping they would break.

"That's not going to get you anywhere."

"Might as well try."

Alexander only sighed, his smirk, however, did not leave his lips, as he sat on the edge of the metal stretcher.

"Well, anyways," he reached into the pocket of his suit, pulling out what looked like a photograph, "this look familiar?"

He flipped it around, as I squinted my eyes to see better. 

Oh

"Where did... you get that?"

He flipped it around again, as he studied it with a blank, almost remorseful expression. The photograph was the same one that was in my grandma's collection. It was the one of the large sanatorium with my parents and two marked-out people, with the little boy standing in front of them. Except, the people weren't marked-out anymore.

"This is where we are." Alexander said, referring to the building in the picture.

I knit my eyebrows, "Really...?"

He didn't answer. His eyes trailed to the small window.

"Why am I here out of all places?"

Alexander silently chuckled, as if in amusement.

"Is this funny to you?"

"Do you recognize this boy?" he asked, completely blowing off my question.

I studied the picture, specifically the boy. It was quite blurry but something told me I had seen him before.

"Honestly, no, not really... but I faintly remember those people." I replied, referring to the mysterious people.

They were familiar. I'd remember them coming over for dinner one night, something about business matters that they had to discuss. It was very fuzzy but I faintly remember them leaving a little unhappy. My memory wouldn't allow me to go deeper, considering I was starting to get a headache.

"Those were my parents."

"Mhm..." I nodded, hoping he'd continue and just get to the point.

"They used to own this building, for a long time." He hopped off the stretcher and began pacing around the room.

"Y'know, this has been great and all um... but I would really like to know why I'm still tied to this damn metal thingy."

A sharp sigh fell from his lips. I could tell he was getting a little irritated.

"Fine then, to cut it short, I'm basically going to kill you, and potentially your brother as well, in hopes of ending the bloodline of your pathetic family."

"What!?" I yelled, "Are you joking? Why!?"

"Oh? What's that? I thought you wanted the shorter explanation?"

"Not when you explain like that... I don't understand... what have I ever done to you to make you want to kill me?"

"I don't remember much, only the fact that I haven't seen my parents since I was 7, all because of your family and their accusations against mine."

My head tilted, in utter confusion. Millions of thoughts cluttered my mind. My mind was running out of space, causing a potential headache.

He could tell.

Suddenly, Alexander tossed a newspaper.

It was old and brittle to the touch, as if it had been around for a while.

"WALKER FAMILY ACCUSED AND TRIED FOR FRAUD AND SECOND-DEGREE MURDER"

I glanced from the paper back to him, almost as a confirmation to continue. Sucking in a sharp breath, I reluctantly continued reading.

A/N: ughh ive been sitting on this chapter for months but im just gonna cut it here. I just have been extremely unmotivated bc the more i look at this book, the more i hate it but im determined to finish it now that i've regained a lot of my inspo and motivation.

anyways bye bye !