9. The Past

your eyes fell upon their figures and theirs fell upon yours....you smiled instantly and ran towards them, engulfing all of them in a bear hug as all of them chuckled at your cuteness...

jin- wait...y/n how do you know them?
y/n- huh? what are you all doing here?

you spoke to the gang while jin's question go unheard making him pout...

jin- they had a meeting with us...
hyungsik- so they are your brothers y/n?
jimin- 'stepbrothers'..

jin, namjoon, jk and yoongi glared at jimin making him roll his eyes...

you nodded to hyungsik's question as both the gangs stood there with solemn faces...the tension was so thick in there that it could be cut with a knife...in an attempt to reduce it..you spoke up..

y/n- ummm why don't we sit and talk in the living room?

all of them nodded..

you all went to the living room..yoongi left some space beside him for you to sit but was disappointed when it went unnoticed as you sat with seojun...

jin- so y/n...you still didn't answer my question..
y/n- these guys are like my big brothers

and then you told them your whole story...

FLASHBACK- (idk why but everytime i stumble over these types of words my mind automatically plays it in that spongebob style lmao)

(5 Years ago)

you were walking through an alleyway that you used often to get home quick but then you saw some blood on the ground..following the blood, you saw a man laying on the ground having a fresh wound on his stomach..

using all your power, you dragged the man to your house...

mom- welco-..huh? who's this y/n? what happened?
y/n- i found him laying wounded nearby so i thought of helping him..
mom- make him sit on the couch..i'll bring the first aid kit...

treating the man's wound, you both waited for him to become conscious but suddenly there were harsh knocks on your door..opening it, you were immediately kicked to the ground by some well-built men in some sort of uniform...

they went to the kitchen and dragged your mom too..pushing her to the ground along with you, they put the gunpoints on your heads...then three men entered the door..

seojun- what are you all doing? can't you see she's a child?
man1- but b-boss...they have boss hyungsik..

by this time hyungsik had woken up and saw all this and then saw the bandages over his wounds, quickly taking in the situation...

hyungsik- leave them...they are the ones who treated me...

the men backed off and minho and joonki helped you both up...

seojun- i'm really sorry for everything that happened just now...
hyungsik- thank you for saving me..you are one brave girl...

he ruffled your hair as you smiled at him....

after they frequently and discreetly began visiting you..you were their little sister, whom they adored very much...

they would take you to places and you enjoyed their company a lot..they did become kids with you...for them, they got this homely and welcoming vibe from you and your mom...out of all of them, hyungsik was the closest to you...you used to tell them everything and they also knew about your stepbrothers and your new house...they were not able to come to the wedding because of their overseas trip so they didn't know who your stepbrothers really were..it was now that they got to know...

(BACK TO PRESENT)

you were sitting with the other gang while yoongi, jk namjoon and jin were just gazing at you laughing and talking with them while ignoring their whole existance...

joonki- coming onto the deal earlier, let's sign the contracts..
namjoon- means you want to be with us?
minho- yes..your ideas were already great and now that you are y/n's stepbrothers, we're happy to join forces with you...
yoongi- 'brothers'

you looked at yoongi being endeared by his claim...

bangtan and the other gang signed the contracts...jin, jungkook, namjoon and jin were relieved and happy that the deal was fixed but taehyung and hoseok just rolled their eyes..their ego was hurt...

they didn't want the gang to sign the contract because of you but whatever..

rolling their eyes, taehyung and hoseok went to their respective rooms while the other 5 stayed...

hyungsik- hey cupcake...it's been a long time since we hanged out..wanna go shopping and then the amusement park tomorrow after school?

you looked at your brothers for permission but they were just sadly looking at you...

y/n- alright let's do it but my brothers will be coming too..

the gang looked at your brothers as they quickly understood what you wanted to do...

seojun- alright! let's do that..

then the gang went s you bid them farewell...

y/n- goodnight oppas..i'm gonna go sleep...(yawn)

they smiled at you as you hugged them to make them happy..jimin joined the even if he rolled his eyes...then you went...

as if on cue, namjoon's phone rang...

namjoon- yes, appa?
dad- how did it go?

all of them unknowingly shivered, listening his deep and tense voice...

namjoon- they agreed to the deal and you would be glad to know the reason..

your dad's voice sounded more relaxed and less scary now as all of them in relief...

dad- hmm so what is the reason?
namjoon- for y/n- (cut off)
dad- what?! did you sell her off??!!
namjoon- huh? no! appa! that's not it!!
dad- then what?
namjoon- they already knew y/n as she saved one of the bosses and they were friends, so they agreed...

your dad on the other sighed in relief and satisfaction...

dad- that's good..now y'all go and sleep..there must be uni tomorrow..goodnight..

he hung the phone as they released a long breath they didn't even realise they were holding and went to sleep..

but they didn't know there was someone lurking there who had heard it all and was now gritting his teeth in frustration....