EIGHTEEN

⒈ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘
↳ EIGHTEEN; ALL THAT IS RED
𝟷,𝟷𝟸𝟹 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜

⒈ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘↳ EIGHTEEN; ALL THAT IS RED𝟷,𝟷𝟸𝟹 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜

✦✧✦✧

"YOU KNOW, I THINK THIS IS THE FIRST TIME we've been alone, in a very long time." Remus whispered into Francesca's ear. His arms were wrapped around her stomach, as he stood behind her.

"And what did you have in mind?" Francesca's eyebrow raised as she tilted her head back and laid it against Remus' shoulder.

He pressed a kiss to her forehead and grin appeared on his face. "Wine and game night?"

"I'll get the wine." Francesca was already out of his arms and walking towards the kitchen.

After they'd left Hogwarts, Francesca and Aurora had moved into a flat together in Diagon Alley. They were at one end and Remus and Sirius at the other.

It was easy and convenient but also meant that neither jumped right into living withing their respective other half.

Francesca opened the cupboard and pulled out the red elf made wine that she had been saving for special occasions. This was definitely deemed as a special occasion.

She walked back into the living room where Remus met her halfway. "Monopoly or exploding snaps?" He had both options in his hand, one magical and one muggle game.

"Monopoly, I need to take back my revenge." Fran grinned, placing the wine onto the coffee table.

"And what makes you think you can even get your revenge?" Remus responded, a smirk on his face as his hands landed on her hips and pulled her in close. 

"I won't be falling for your sneaky little cheats this time."

"You sure about that?" He whispered the words into her ear, his breath making her shiver upon impact on her skin.

"It won't work, Mr Lupin." Fran replied, her eyes automatically closing, and her hands gripping onto the ends of his hair at the nape of his neck.

When she opened her eyes again, she was somewhere else.

Francesca looked at her surroundings. It was unfamiliar, but there was Remus running towards the gate as fast as he could. He had a slight limp and Fran could only assume that the full moon was the night before.

She took a good look at the Manor before them and it did not look good. A manor of this gratitude would only belong to certain people.

As Remus reached the gate, she finally noticed the teenage boy that was pacing up and down on the other side. His head snapped towards Remus as he trod into a puddle.

"It's about bloody time, Lupin." The boy's head tilted back in relief and he waved his hand, allowing the gates to open.

"Leonardo?" Remus' looked at him confused. "Where's Florence?"

Remus knew the boy to some extent.

"She's inside." Leonardo was already leading the way towards the Manor. "It's bad. Thank fuck Nott's old man isn't here and he was smart enough to send the elves away before they noticed. Don't need them snitching that a werewolf was here." Leonardo slightly glared at Remus.

"What happened?"

"She threw a fit is what happened. She confronted mother and father about not being their daughter, not that I knew.  Next thing I know, I'm getting burnt cause her power is going haywire." Leonardo held up his wrapped arm. "She leaves and no one can find her until Theo bumps into her wondering around Diagon Alley looking for you."

Leonardo comes to a stop in front of a door and faces Remus, blocking him access.

"Let me through, Leonardo." Remus stated calmly, but Francesca could hear the anger in his tone.

He held up a finger. "One thing first. From the fact that she was looking for you, I can only assume that she is your daughter."

Remus stayed silent and it was the answer Leonardo needed.

"Right, that clears that up then. I don't even want to know the reason of why she ended up in my family, but understand this, she is my baby sister. You can't keep me away from her and I won't let you. The fact that I only found out yesterday that we aren't blood related doesn't change anything. She. Is. My. Sister. You got that?"

"Understood." Remus responded and he brushed past Leonardo to get into the room.

Francesca followed and the sight made her pause. A teenage girl was sat on the couch, soaked to the bone. There were singe marks on the floor around her and also on the couch.

If it wasn't for the red hair, the flames on her hands were the dead giveaway of who she was. An ability that no one would have, except if you came from the Sharpe bloodline and would be given a unique ability.

But she was also a spitting image of Francesca. And she looked broken. Her face had gone all red from crying.

There was another boy leaning against the wall, he was biting his lip out of nervousness. His eyes never leaving the girl.

Remus walked over to her and knelt down in front of her. "Florence, hey. I heard you were looking for me?" He offered her a soft smile as she looked at him.

Florence. Her name was Florence.

"Lupin?" Florence whispered, her voice cracking. "I-I couldn't find you. I didn't know where else to go, I couldn't stay there anymore. I had to get out."

"I know, it's alright. I'm here now and you can come with me. You've always had a place with me." Remus gripped onto her hands where the flames had died out.

Florence nodded her head.

"Go get cleaned up and we'll go to mine. But please, talk to Leonardo, he honestly had no idea and is very worried about you."

Leonardo hadn't followed them into the room, instead choosing to stay out in the corridor.

"Okay." Florence replied slowly standing up and making her way back to the hallway.

Remus sighed, as he stood up, running his hand through his hair.

"I always wondered why you always looked at Flo in our lessons." The boy in the corner said, stepping forward. "Makes sense now of course. A lost daughter found." He dropped down into an armchair. "And her mother, where's she?"

Remus flinched and Francesca frowned.

"I-I don't know."

Everything collapsed around her. Francesca's life was unknown. From this glimpse into the future, she now knew so much.

She'd have a child with Remus, a beautiful, powerful little girl. A girl that was broken because she wasn't with her own parents.

But then Remus would find her again. That thought alone was enough. Enough to know that something would bring them back together.

She felt the water gather under her eyes, but she held onto one fact. Everything would be okay eventually. They'd be okay without her.

"You, okay?" Remus questioned, watching her face. Something had happened. She looked almost defeated?

"Of course. Or are you scared to lose?" Francesca switched into game mode. She would just have to think more over this later.